Recovered Former Glock Addict

pistolpete

Active Fanatic
I have 8 1911 guns, 1 Glock. I bought the Glock this year, one of their Blue Labels deals. If the trigger doesn't smooth up I won't have it long. Put my name in the hat for one of the CMP guns but haven't heard from them. I think I could shoot the Glock it the trigger wasn't so crunchy. It'll never replace a 1911.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty easy to smooth them up. Not 1911 smooth. Or get a Gen 5. All of those I've handled were much smoother out of the box than previous generations.

pistolpete

Active Fanatic
Pretty easy to smooth them up. Not 1911 smooth. Or get a Gen 5. All of those I've handled were much smoother out of the box than previous generations.
My new Glock is a 19 Gen 5. I did the 25 cent polish job, dry fired about 500 timed, pull just got worse. Replaced the connector with an aftermarket Ghost, pull got lighter, still rough. Replace the trigger and connector with new stock parts, hoping it'll smooth up with use. If not, some Glock guy will buy it.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
My new Glock is a 19 Gen 5. I did the 25 cent polish job, dry fired about 500 timed, pull just got worse. Replaced the connector with an aftermarket Ghost, pull got lighter, still rough. Replace the trigger and connector with new stock parts, hoping it'll smooth up with use. If not, some Glock guy will buy it.
One thing I found on one of my Gen3 19's was minute burrs on the small end of the striker. This is the area between the striker spring cups and the firing pin nose. Some of the nickel plating was nicked and rubbing in the striker channel bore. This was causing a gritty feel in the pre travel.
You need a magnifying glass to really see it well.
A light smoothing with very fine file and 1000 grit paper took care of it. Just knocking down the burr and polish, no metal removal.
My other 19 was perfect, no grit.
BTW I do not advocate after market non-Glock parts, ie connectors. Glock connectors are the best and most reliable IMO. Either the standard or "Dot" connector.
Also don't forget to put grease between the connector and trigger bar. I use moly grease. Just a light coating in the area they contact each other.

Last edited: