Rear Sight Preference

Rear sight notch preferance

• Half circle(rounded) notch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2aCrisis

Fanatic
depends on the Front Sight. if it's a round White Dot, i like the Rounded Rear Sight. a Straight Post Style like the Government Model 1911, i like the Square Style.
anyone here ever file the inside of the Government Style Rear Sight to make the sight picture a little easier? i was thinking of widening mine and then outline the inside with white or silver.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
depends on the Front Sight. if it's a round White Dot, i like the Rounded Rear Sight. a Straight Post Style like the Government Model 1911, i like the Square Style.
anyone here ever file the inside of the Government Style Rear Sight to make the sight picture a little easier? i was thinking of widening mine and then outline the inside with white or silver

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
If you are talking about a factory rear sight it may be almost as easy to replace the sight with an aftermarket sight. My personal favorite is a retro rear sight with a .150 notch that's nice and deep. I leave them black. I use these on 1911's and pre MK3 HiPowers. I use a white dot front, post style. Occasional will paint entire face of front sight white. Cannot abide 3 dot sights. John Harrison makes two kinds of 1911 retro rear sights I believe.

Latest posts