RCBS Customer Service

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Well folks RCBS still stands behind their products. Even their older products. I have exchanged a couple of e-mails with RCBS this week and even though the product number I gave them for a set of dies is no longer valid; they (RCBS) is sending me new parts to update my die set and get me back in the game.

The issue was with a very old set of 38spc dies. Before my move I broke the de-capping pin at the threads where the nut threads on that holds the de-capping pin in place.

Of course this is at no cost to me.

Buy RCBS when you can.

One of the other manufacturers told me they only had a yr warranty on their dies. Something to look for long term - great customer service and a company that stands behind their products if you were not following along.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had similar dealings with RCBS. They even sent me replacement parts that I broke, even after they knew I broke them!

I wish I could say the same for Hornady. I fired an email over 2weeks ago and got nothing back. Gonna try one more time.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had similar dealings with RCBS. They even sent me replacement parts that I broke, even after they knew I broke them!

I wish I could say the same for Hornady. I fired an email over 2weeks ago and got nothing back. Gonna try one more time.

It is good to know RCBS aims to take care of the customer and my experience was not just happen chance.

Luck with your customer service issue.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I did the same with a set of dies that I bought supposedly new. Brought them home and threw them in the drawer. A few months later when I got around to using them I found that they weren't exactly new. Some nimrod had bought them, totally jacked up the decapping/expander assembly, broke the decapping pin, bent the **** out of the thing and had went to town on them with vise grips. Then the complete idiot took them back. Luckily they didn't damage the body because it did look brand new.

So I sent an email explaining all of this wanting to buy the replacement parts. I got an email back in less than an hour that a new assembly and some extra pins were on the way.

Folks we can all thank Dillon for this kind of service, they've set the bar and everybody seems to be following suit. OUshooter, if you call Hornady I'd bet that they take care of you. Besides you need to hear their automated phone system. It's hilarious.

dennishoddy

OUshooter, if you call Hornady I'd bet that they take care of you. Besides you need to hear their automated phone system. It's hilarious.

+1000 on the phone message! :D

I've had nothing but 110% satisfaction from Hornady. I've always called them. Had my LNL AP for a couple of years, and bent the primer guide rod for whatever reason. They sent me a new one under warranty.
About two weeks later, I decided to order some parts so that I won't get stuck with issues the night before a match.
I even told them that is was a stock order, and not a warranty thing. They gave them to me at no cost and covered the shipping.

Now on to RCBS. Every die but one I own is made by them.
I was having issues with my AR .243WSSM upper getting a stuck case after firing. I got on the net, and everybody was saying how the RCBS dies for that cal were junk.
When I called them, they told me to give the sizing die another 1/8 of a turn down, and it worked like its supposed to. They also told me that the same technique could be used on .223 rounds, when some have tight chamber problems.

They also said that if one has an issue with a tight/loose chamber, fire five rounds, and send the brass, and the die back, and they would grind/replace the die for a custom fit.
How cool is that!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I do think Dillon for the products and support that I have received from them. I will test it out tomorrow. Forgot today. RCBS has been known for this type of service since I started reloading in 74/75. I just hadn't ever had to conduct customer service with them in that time until now. I started out by asking if the parts were covered under warranty or if I needed to purchase them which I was more than happy to do.

I posted because of the age of the die set and the product number was discontinued. I have always had the utmost respect for RCBs and Dillon as well. Not taking anything away from either or giving anything to, it's just RCBS has been out way longer.

From Dillon: Our products have thrived for several reasons. First, I run the company based on my philosophy. You treat other people the way you want to be treated. I don’t want people calling me up saying, “You miserable S.O.B., you sold me this machine and now you won’t help me.” I don’t want anyone mad at me. This is reflected in our warranty. No warranty cards, registration or serial numbers are necessary. Whether you are the first owner, or the seventeenth, all our hobby-level reloading machines have a lifetime warranty. If you break, damage or wear out anything on them, it will be fixed or replaced â€" whatever is necessary to restore the machine to normal operating condition. If a minor part is all that is needed, contact us and we will ship the part. (International customers pay the return shipping costs) If something major is damaged or broken,contact us and we issue the customer a return merchandise authorization-RMA- to return the item to us for repair. The customer pays the shipping; we fix or replace as is warranted. Only our commercial machine, the Super 1050, has a one-year warranty, as do all electrical/electronic products and textiles. Our customers understand that they have a best friend at our factory. We are only a phone call, FAX or E-mail away. In return we receive an incredible amount of customer loyalty.

RCBS - lifetime to the org owner. As we saw Scott mention they just want to keep the customer happy.

In writing Dillon is the Shitz.In practice RCBS is pretty darn good as well. One can not go wrong with either product if you ask me and I have a few hundred dollars in equipment with both.

hrt4me

Active Fanatic
I've experienced the same great service from RCBS over the past two decades of loading

Latest posts