Rangefinder for 3 Gun

Pgrogan

Active Fanatic
Looking for a range finder primarily for use in 3 Gun. I don't do any long range shooting. Other than total yards and brand name what specific qualities should I be looking for in a good one? Thanks in advance for the help.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like that range finder is perfect for the 3GN pros (max range is 125 yards) but what do you do for shots past 150 yards?

(I see its reads to 1000 yards but is only accurate to 125?)

slowhand23

Well-Known Fanatic
Same Leupold on sale at Midway for $299.99. I have the Vortex Ranger but the Leupold also works well.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Flatland Shooter said:
Looks like that range finder is perfect for the 3GN pros (max range is 125 yards) but what do you do for shots past 150 yards?

(I see its reads to 1000 yards but is only accurate to 125?)
That said something sbout Archers which I'm assuming meant archery in conjunction with the TBR feature. It's good to 1000 if you can hold still long enough to hit what you're aiming at.

Let me look at mine to be sure I got the model right.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
If you are in the OKC area you might call gear sears. I bought the newer model RX 1200i for 340 if I remember right. You might call em even if you won't be in the area they may ship it to you.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony G said:
If you are in the OKC area you might call gear sears. I bought the newer model RX 1200i for 340 if I remember right. You might call em even if you won't be in the area they may ship it to you.
Midway is out of stock onthe 1000. I won't be back in OKC until mid-January but will check out Gene Sears. Checked their website and it seems to be geared for "dealers only".

Thanks.

Bill