Range Day With My Daughter

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
My oldest daughter and I were finally able to get our schedules to align for a range trip. She has been asking to go shoot but is heavily involved with her schos Latin Competition Team and the school play this year.

She really enjoyed watching me blow up melons that some one had left in the desert as well as some other trash we found to clean up on the way out.
My new Shockwave is a fun little blaster but has some good snap to it with OO buck shot.

We talked for awhile on the drive out about the 4 safety rules of fire arms and she did really well with safe weapons handling. She really enjoyed shooting my Ruger Super Singke Six as it is "retro" as she calls it. 20D116E5-8C00-475F-BD9B-ED407CA8F51D.jpegI finished off the day with 25yrd practice with my G19 for an upcoming training class in February. I still have some work to do at distance.

Ethank

Active Fanatic
Looks like a great time. I can't wait until mine are old enough to shoot with me, not just sit and watch me

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Wasn't fortunate to have Daughters. Have 4 sons all grown now. I started taking them at age 9 Took each one by themselves the 1st time and then in pairs after that. Sure did spend a lot of coin on ammunition but it was worth every dollar. We laugh about those times now. Now I'm waiting until 1st Grand Daughter is old enough and I'll start all over again. Keep those memories enjoy every one.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes indeed, it doesn't get any better, short of heaven of course !
And passing on our love of freedom and liberty are essential. When their eyes show understanding and awe at those last few lines in the Declaration of Independence, you know they get it!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
God bless.

Trek

Fanatic
Love the Single Six.........

Looks like a great day at the range. Days like that with the daughter are ones ill always remember.......good times!
Been there, done that with my daughter when she was young...younger. She went on to shoot M9's and 16's in the Air Force. She loved it.

Latest posts