Range Bags

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mattmiller (Robusto) said:
CED XL Professional. Good size with non-black interior because I am getting old and I can never find my flashlight in my range bag, so I can search my range bag with a flashlight.
https://www.cedhk.com/ced-xl-professional-range-bag-and-extra-sleeve?osCsid=1a7cf823f21f113ff704fd6746e7994a
Dan, I won't argue with either assessment. You are getting old and that is a nice range bag. LOL

That being said, Bill, go to Academy and look at their large range bag. It is pretty close in quality to the really nice shooting bags that you can get online but it is only $50. They have 2 sizes. Give them a look

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
...go to Academy and look at their large range bag. It is pretty close in quality to the really nice shooting bags that you can get online but it is only $50. They have 2 sizes. Give them a look
Those Academy bags are made well. I used one for about 3 years and then gave it to the son of a friend of mine. When I needed a larger one. He has been using it for about 2 years now. Last time I saw it, it still looked good and was in good shape.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
The DAA Medium backpack is amazing. For my uses (USPSA), it is the perfect bag.

I wouldn't use anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Josh Cobb said:
The DAA Medium backpack is amazing. For my uses (USPSA), it is the perfect bag.

I wouldn't use anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do those run?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I have the Double Alpha Medium Backpack. The backpack straps are nice, but I don't like the overall design of the bag at all. It tips over a lot. I had the CED Pro Range Bag for about 6 years prior to that, and it held everything I needed for pistol matches without any trouble. It's a great bang for the buck.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Also, you can't wear the backpack style bags around the range if you're shooting production or single stack because the bag hits the back two magazines. I end up lugging it around matches with one hand. At least with a regular range bag you can use the shoulder strap. Backpack straps are probably great if you only have mags on the front of your belt.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Robbie said:
Also, you can't wear the backpack style bags around the range if you're shooting production or single stack because the bag hits the back two magazines. I end up lugging it around matches with one hand. At least with a regular range bag you can use the shoulder strap. Backpack straps are probably great if you only have mags on the front of your belt.

So in other words. Not for real men.

Latest posts