Range Ammo on sale

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
(Owner: If this should go elsewhere, please feel free to move it or delete as you deem fit)

Brownells has S&B 230-gr on sale; 1K round case for $251.99 delivered. Use coupon code: M8Y

Good quality FMJ practice/range ammo. Little more expensive than Russian ammo but should be cleaner and with brass casing (though description doesn't say brass).

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Uhhhhhhh, I hate snakes.
Me too! I've got the Indiana Jones thing going on with snakes. This one was a juvenile, about seven inches long I'd guess and I didn't see a flash on it's tail (copperhead) so I'm guessing it is not poisonous. BUT I'm still not sharing my bedroom with it.
Guy on Texas Gun forum recommended glue strips so I'm getting ready to head to Walmart right now.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually, just got him about 20 minutes ago (after an all nighter)..... whew....

(May still do the 'glue strips' just to make sure)
9516f70f0db67a8f652b358bef7d6875.jpg
Those are 13" tiles.

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
That little fellow (in my bedroom) was only about eight or ten feet away from where I killed a juvenile copperhead about two years ago and an adult copperhead last year. However, big difference: they were on the other side of the exterior wall. (My house backs up to a creek and wooded area).

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Back on topic regarding the "sale" at Brownells. Everything works, coupon code, price, etc. [Ask me how I know [emoji3][emoji106]]

I've shot Sellier & Bellot ammo before and never had any problems. They make a quality product. And I see they've been around for 193 years under their own name (albeit, different owners), making ammunition products. A Czech Republic manufacturer but currently owned by a Brazilian company. Not quite as long as Beretta but still pretty impressive!

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
S&B makes a good round. I get their 9mm, not really worth reloading at their prices.

Oh, and for snakes, 12 gauge #7, just saying, I hate most snakes. Had a speckled King snake around a while back, let him live, just because they kill snakes.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep(!), shinny new brass (...least there was any doubt).

25.2 cents per round delivered in two days!
I'm sure this been said before but target sports USA is real good but if you shoot a lot it's worth it to join their Prime ammo thing, if memory serves its 95.00 a year, free shipping on a box if that's all you want, 45 acp is .24 a round, 9mm 115 gr I think last I bought was 8.23 a box, brass cased name brand, and every so often they will send you a gift, few months ago they sent me 25 9mm Speer gold dots hp's, box of 9mm and 380's like what I had ordered before. Sportsmans Guide will have some interesting stuff every now and then as well

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
I just checked (10/17) and TargetSports has on sale a case of Remington UMC 115gr for $161.92 and that includes S&H if you're a Prime member (see mm1911 above). I also checked the price where Fred_G suggests and his S&B is $179.80, including S&H. I have used S&B before and it's not bad ammo, but I think the Remington UMC is a better ammo, in my humble opinion. The Prime deal is $95 and as mm1911 said S&H is free, even if you only need 1 box. The membership also gives you an 8% discount on anything you buy. If you shoot a lot, it's well worthwhile.

$161.92 is about the cheapest I have found 9mm in many years. Being the addict I am, I am trying to re-purpose my ammo money towards another gun, but for this price I may just have to buy a case or two.

Update: Couldn't help myself, I just ordered a case of the Remington UMC.

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
That little fellow (in my bedroom) was only about eight or ten feet away from where I killed a juvenile copperhead about two years ago and an adult copperhead last year. However, big difference: they were on the other side of the exterior wall. (My house backs up to a creek and wooded area).

You have a crawl space?