Ramsys1

Ramsys1

Fanatic
Hi, fellow 1911 purists. Glad to be on board. I am home! I am Ray, a 65 year old Architect working in the Civil Engineering field for Los Angeles County.

I have been buying 1911s since 1981 but have known the pistol since I was learning to speak, born and raised in Manila, Philippines, where 'the .45 is King', grandson of a Philippine Scout KIA in Bataan and son of a Police Detective. My brothers and I played with real guns, even automatic weapons as little boys growing up in the 50s and 60s. I finallly made California my home in 1978 and enjoyed shooting my Dad's Colt's Series 70 Mark IV .45, and eventually bought my own Combat Commander .45, identical to the one my Father-in-Law owned in the Philippines. I now have 14 1911s in various brands and calibers, both full size and Commander configurations, some I put together myself.

Looking forward to meeting more 19911 enthusiasts via this Forum.

Happy and Safe shooting, everyone.
Ramsys1.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Ramsys1

Fanatic
I just manage. I cannot buy any Colt 1911s since they are not in the approved DOJ list. Too many regulations and restrictions.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I just manage. I cannot buy any Colt 1911s since they are not in the approved DOJ list. Too many regulations and restrictions.
Best of luck out there. Stay safe with all the fires. On the bright side this is a great group of guys. Lots of info and help. Welcome again.

Ramsys1

Fanatic
I have two SA 1911A1, both in .45 ACP, stock configuration. The first one is from 1986 with the slanted slide serrations and a G.I. Spec from the early 90s. Great pistols.

Latest posts