Question for you VM shooters

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the tacky feel of the recoil pad on my VM once I get the gun mounted, but mounting and dismounting the gun is a bit inconsistent if I don't push it all the way off my body. Do you guys replace the recoil pad, or do you just do that ridiculous thing called train with what you have?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I like the tacky feel of the recoil pad on my VM once I get the gun mounted, but mounting and dismounting the gun is a bit inconsistent if I don't push it all the way off my body. Do you guys replace the recoil pad, or do you just do that ridiculous thing called train with what you have?
Kick EEZ makes a product called slick eez for coating your recoil pad so it doesn't grab your clothes when you mount the gun. Of course, you'll no longer have the tacky feel after it's mounted that you like, but you'll be more consistent with the mount. Or you could just train with it like it is :)

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Are the corners rounded off? That helps with the buttpad snagging on the shirt.
I don't know what constitutes rounded, but it's really just the material that catches. It doesn't snag as much as stick to the fabric. I may try installing a smoother recoil pad, as I'm not concerned with recoil. I know I could fix it by finding the sweet spot on the forend so I have a good mix of extension with my support hand yet enough range of motion left to push the gun away for a reload. When I send it to AI, I might have Mike texture just the forend in the sport that works for me so I have a good tactile index point. Yeah, tactile index point. That sounds like some high-speed tacticool jargon right there, huh? I better be careful not to think I'm too smart. I might have to knock myself off my pedestal.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What types of shirts does it stick to? Merge BoomerShooter jersey and itgee jerseys have more nylon in then say a T-Shirt and butt pads stick less.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
David Marlow said:
I might try that.

edit - It's discontinued.
Astroglide will send you a free sample. Gets some and try that. I doubt it would stain up your shirt like petroleum jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
What types of shirts does it stick to? Merge BoomerShooter jersey and itgee jerseys have more nylon in then say a T-Shirt and butt pads stick less.
I'll try one of my underarmour shirts and see the difference. That's a good point and may save me some unnecessary mods once I get the 2015 jersey

Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
Astroglide will send you a free sample. Gets some and try that. I doubt it would stain up your shirt like petroleum jelly.
I don't need a free sample, I have plenty of it already. I bought a bunch in preparation for an article of clothing that is on its way to my house. The wife is getting excited.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
My son and I both run versamax's and at a first the recoil pad was sticky but after a full season of use it doesn't seem as bad as when new. It's not been a problem for me wearing a UA heat gear shirt, t shirt, or Boomer jersey.

Latest posts