Question for Competition Shooters

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I have a real serious question about competition shooting in general. How much is shooting off hand required in competition shooting? As some of you may know about 7 months ago I suffered a accidental gunshot to my weak/off-hand. It has taken away about 50% of the use in my hand, I am physically unable to use my finger on my off-hand to fire a weapon. Will this keep me from being able to shoot competitions?

Please keep the making fun of me for my shooting myself to yourself, I have heard more of it then I want.

Thanks guys, Justin

If disabilities prevent competitors from completing a course of fire, the match director has the ability to modify it to suit the competitors abilities.

I wouldnt worry about it.

redneck1861

Thanks Mike.

Now I have another question, is this something that I should arrange before said competition? or do I just go and pay to compete and hope they will accomidate me?

around here, no ones gonna care what you do.
just mention it to the RO if it ever comes up.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
You might also mention it at sign it in order to be proactive about how to handle things. Mike is right though, locally it's not going to matter.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Most matches you don't have to shoot any weakhand at all. Usually if you do it's only a few shots on one stage.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
don't stress about it, you rarely see weakhand shooting. espically the local matches like the heartland matches it would be rare to see it and no one is going to care if you can't shoot weakhand... now that you have no more excuses are you coming to the next match :)

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Like others have saud its not a big deal at local matches nobody cares really but unlike others I've actually shot weakhand quite a bit recently in matches. And I see that is a huge weakness in my abilities.

redneck1861

don't stress about it, you rarely see weakhand shooting. espically the local matches like the heartland matches it would be rare to see it and no one is going to care if you can't shoot weakhand... now that you have no more excuses are you coming to the next match :)

Isn't it this sunday? If so I won't be able to make it. I was laid off on tuesday, I will not be starting my new job until the 11th. So I can't spend money on fun things for awhile

jtischauser

Isn't it this sunday? If so I won't be able to make it. I was laid off on tuesday, I will not be starting my new job until the 11th. So I can't spend money on fun things for awhile

Sorry to hear about the layoff.

I think we should start a poll about with the questtion being will Redneck ever shoot a match with us. :lol:

redneck1861

Well I just filed my taxes earlier today, and I am waiting on a insurance check. So in a couple weeks I will be able to. If it wasn't so damn far away I would have already came to one. I think the OKC gun club is pretty close, but I am not a member so I don't know if I could even shoot 1 there.

redneck1861

Isn't there a place just West of I-35 on Hwy 9? Not sure what it is called, but that would be closer to me.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Sweeeeeeeeet. If there are any safety issues, it'll give me an excuse to yell at somebody. Painting walls and stripping wallpaper have put me over the edge. I need to yell shoot and blow **** up.

jtischauser

Come on chambers cut them some slack! It's OK to sweep people if your at the safety/mag loading/dry fire/check in table. Lol!

Latest posts