Quadloading tips and tricks....

Dillen Easley

Active Fanatic
Also posted on Facebook and Enos....

I'm by no means the authority on quadloading or shooting the shotgun, but have had several people ask about little things that help speed things up. I didn't push the envelope too much here, I just wanted some simple tips and tricks that might help out a few shooters. Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/9kEII51CpMQ

Yes, I know that the editing (or lack there-of) is horrid and the lighting in my office isn't the best for video. There may be modifications to my shotgun that are a bit extreme for some, or ill-advised according to others....like lightening the spring on my lifter plunger for instance. I view it as a race gun, and am trying to push all of my guns towards that edge....so I understand it may lead to malfunctions one day.

bullittmcqueen

Well-Known Fanatic
I saw it on Enos also, but you put together a nice video there. One thing, as you pointed out in the video, is that people have the tendency to try and go way too fast. I myself struggle with this. Just have to remember slow is smooth and smooth is fast. I also like how you have your loading port set up. Nice job!

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
Good video and I picked up on something that was slowing me down. Last night I figured out the grip I need in order to keep my hand flat and use the knuckle of my thumb to drive the shells.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for taking the time to put this together and share. I don't load this way but it is always good to have options.

Thanks again.

45recoil

likes to party
I picked these up from makereadyproshop and i gotta say...theyre pretty solid. Waaaaaaay better than taccoms previous stuff. And its my first time trying quads.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anybody used these and other quad systems? Is there really a difference in access to the rounds with these angled holders vs something like the AP Custom that have them all in one plane? I'm a bit wary of using Taccom's stuff again after previous experience, but at the price, if these are a good choice, it'd be hard to say no.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm not sure what Taccom gear you had before but they make good stuff. The angled holder facilitates you getting the shells out in a sweeping motion rather than having to "pop" them out forward of the shell holder. That said, the ap holders have the same ability, since the shells are held in by springs.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
David Marlow said:
Looking at cost and reputation, I think I'll end up going with Invictus.
I orderd a "half Tischauser" this spring. I have noticed that some of the teets can break off. Kevin at IP has been great about giving me a replacement part but I ordered a few extras for the range bag. I like the erector set look.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
I orderd a "half Tischauser" this spring. I have noticed that some of the teets can break off. Kevin at IP has been great about giving me a replacement part but I ordered a few extras for the range bag. I like the erector set look.
You said teet

Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
...and erect

Latest posts