Purchases from a store vs online

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for some experienced input about purchasing a new gun online. The brick & mortar store front ordering one will take a while...8-12 weeks. But I found it online (in stock) at websites like: gunbroker.com or xtremegunsandammo.com.

Pros/cons one way or another?
Things to watch out for?

Thanks in advance.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Have it shipped to sooner state pawn. They do $10 transfer per gun. There's a home-based FFL/cerakoter that will do $10 per transfer if you are ordering multiple guns.

I've never ordered from either website you listed.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Like Spencer said. Find it online and have it sent to Sooner. Quick, easy, and you get what you want for the price you want.

btaylor1505

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a rifle from a brick and mortar store that dealt mostly in online sales and I got it in days not weeks. The transfer was included in the overall price. Dude running the store seemed like an alright guy. These seem to be more the norm since their overhead is not tied up in keeping guns in stock in the store. But I agree with Spencer and rigsby, find a ffl that is cheap and ship away. No experience with gunbroker. I've done some looking, but no buying.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
KellyB said:
Looking for some experienced input about purchasing a new gun online. The brick & mortar store front ordering one will take a while...8-12 weeks. But I found it online (in stock) at websites like: gunbroker.com or xtremegunsandammo.com.

Pros/cons one way or another?
Things to watch out for?

Thanks in advance.
Call Mike Rust at HH and tell him that you are a BoomerShooter team member and what you want. He will do you right.

Posted via my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I had no issues at all buying the wife's Shield from PSA and shipping to SSP. I like to buy local but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, you know?

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I have almost no patience when I want something. I don’t sit on waiting lists. If the locals don’t have what I’m after, I have it shipped in from a seller on gunbroker or Benos, or new from any number of online retailers. Local FFL does my transfers for $10. It’s extremely easy and I can get hard to find guns in just 2 or 3 days.

Latest posts