purchase law

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
A 65% restocking fee is ridiculous. He certainly should have been sure he wanted it and didn't back out, but 65% is insane. I might withhold what I charged for transfers and refund the rest if I were a business owner in this position. He should go ahead and have it transferred to him and then if he decides later he doesn't want it, he can sell it and lose much less than 65%. I'm a firm believer in voting with your wallet and I certainly wouldn't spend another dime there in the future if I were him.

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
If he had then shop order in a gun then I agree with a restock fee for the hassle of paper work and such. But for 65% is nuts I don't know the OK law on buyers remorse but he should be able to return it unless the store has a notice of no returns. His best bet is to wait out the few days till the hold clears and get the gun and sell it off if he no longer wants it at a NIB and take a lose of a few over priced bucks. It really sucks that he had to take a huge hit like that to the wallet but he knows now to go to a reputable dealer, do your homework, and never hand over the whole ammount of money before goods are in hand.

I mean if he had to do a order into the shop a standard at my gun shop is a 10% deposit with the remainder on delivery after BGC. Poor guy I feel for him and also if he is ever going to buy a glock again he should really check out GSSF paying full price for a glock is nuts.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I mean if he had to do a order into the shop a standard at my gun shop is a 10% deposit with the remainder on delivery after BGC.
So what do you do if they don't pass the background check?
You just cover the cost until you can sell it to someone else?

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
So what do you do if they don't pass the background check?
You just cover the cost until you can sell it to someone else?
We cover the cost and keep the 10% deposit and normally can sell the gun while covering the cost. I mean the amount of order ins that get a no go are low as for holds they happen from time to time for what ever reason and normally resolve themselves in time.