PSA 9mm lowers

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Bummers. I want JP internals. Guess I need to get a matching upper/lower receiver and build the rest?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
Bummers. I want JP internals. Guess I need to get a matching upper/lower receiver and build the rest?
Qc10

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
I think the "works only with PSA uppers" is BS. I wanted to keep some spares of the PSA lowers proprietary parts on hand. PSA advised they will replace any broken parts under warranty but would not, at this time, sell me the parts.

Turns out New Frontier not only makes the lowers for PSA, but they will sell spare parts. New Frontier also makes the lowers for Joe Bob Outfitter's Spartan 9mm lowers. Neither New Frontier or Joe Bob makes any claims that their lowers only work with their uppers.

Several folks on the Enos forum have successfully mated non-PSA uppers with PSA 9mm lowers.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Are you talking about the Glock mag lowers from PSA?
I think the ones that take colt mags are universal, but Glock lowers are supposedly proprietary.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Ha, I'm not a fan
Well I already got one so is there something in particular I need to watch out for?

So far I've shot just over 1300 rds with just one FTF and I'm gahering up all the spare parts I think I might need to keep it running. If I'm missing something I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
No, go ahead.
They've just got a terrible track record from their 223 lowers. If you're not having issues, that's great. Based on their history, they're not for me.

martinga111

Well-Known Fanatic
Rats, I just got a great Black Friday deal on a PSA 9mm Colt type lower and mated it to a no name billet upper I had laying around. I took it out for function testing and rough sight in yesterday. The only issues i had were some feeding issues (using flat point bullets, so that may have been the problem) and one of the Mags would activate the bolt hold open while the last bullet was still in the mag. I am using PSA Colt SMG mags, so that could be the issue as well. The only build quality issue I had was that they left out the set screw on the Magpul trigger guard, but they took care of that quickly for me.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Are you talking about the Glock mag lowers from PSA?
I think the ones that take colt mags are universal, but Glock lowers are supposedly proprietary.
I have my DDLES lower, which I beleve is now QC 10. Would a psa G9 hybrid bolt work with this? The lower fits standard uppers but need a ramped bolt, having trouble getting stuff here at the moment sort of have to buy what's around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
DDLES is now QC10, that I do know. As for your question about PSA, I can't help there.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
martinga111 said:
Rats, I just got a great Black Friday deal on a PSA 9mm Colt type lower and mated it to a no name billet upper I had laying around. I took it out for function testing and rough sight in yesterday. The only issues i had were some feeding issues (using flat point bullets, so that may have been the problem) and one of the Mags would activate the bolt hold open while the last bullet was still in the mag. I am using PSA Colt SMG mags, so that could be the issue as well. The only build quality issue I had was that they left out the set screw on the Magpul trigger guard, but they took care of that quickly for me.
My AR 9mm pistol uses Colt pattern mags and feeds and shoots 147TC coated gamer loads just fine. As a matter of fact the only load I've ever had a problem with was factory Remington 115 gr JHP, which is odd because it's basically a round nose profile with a small HP up front. I've fed it all the standard, +P and +P+ loads I can get my hands on and it's never balked except for that one. I am running a Metalform mag but intend to pick up some of those PSAs to try.

Latest posts