Proposed ban on XM855 ammunition

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Beauchamp said:
It may be my tin foil helmet speaking but I wonder how many Congress critters and other big wigs have stock in ammo companies and they parade these bans around every once in awhile to drive ammo sales.
I guess stranger things have happened. I always thought ammo sales were pretty consistent. "BTW, how difficult is it to find CCI 22mini-mag? I digress."

I really don't think ammo sales was the goal here. I think it was all about how much weight they could toss around and not get noticed. They want to turn us all into Barney Fife. So, they got the answer they were looking for and now they know they will have to take a different approach. Funny how sometimes the oversight works to our advantage and other times we are left asking where was the oversight on this one... If the ATF had their way I think we would be lucky to get to keep 22 rimfire. I know they would do away with .17 due to its natural ability to penetrate, well just about anything. <--- (Slight exaggeration.)

Just one more thing to keep an eye on I guess.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Beauchamp said:
It may be my tin foil helmet speaking but I wonder how many Congress critters and other big wigs have stock in ammo companies and they parade these bans around every once in awhile to drive ammo sales.
WTF? I can't find tin foil anymore. All I have is aluminum foil and you have to triple those layers to keep the CIA's brain rays from getting through. Lesson learned, use baking parchment paper on the inside of the helmet to prevent chafing.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Also, this is another way I see this going down:

They will go back, formulate their framework and publish the conclusion that it is impractical and not within the spirit of the law to ban ALL .223/5.56 ammo (And the Libertarians and gun owners will cheer). "But" they will say, "since AR, AK, and other pistols chambered in rifle calibers have no 'sporting purpose', and since the ammunition fired from them will defeat the good guys' magic waistcoats, and since they are more concealable (and by extension an obvious risk), we have hereby determined that the construction, possession, transfer, or ownership of these weapons is not in the best interest of public safety and that these devices should be banned."

...and the duck hunters, deer hunters, benchresters, tacticool-justpaythe200dollarsandsbrthatthing-ers, and every other "Champion of the Second Amendment" will say, "Who gives a ****? Those things are gayer than two boys kissing anyway." Then they'll renew their NRA memberships and live a happy little ovine life until it's their turn in the barrel...and they'll deserve it.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
David Marlow said:
WTF? I can't find tin foil anymore. All I have is aluminum foil and you have to triple those layers to keep the CIA's brain rays from getting through. Lesson learned, use baking parchment paper on the inside of the helmet to prevent chafing.
I make my own tin foil. Aluminum foil is a CIA conspiracy. They secretly put signal signal boosters in the aluminum to make it easier to read our minds.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer

Latest posts