Production handgun triggers

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
You mention bore axis as a problem for the XD line, but recommend the Sig 320? Have you ever seen a 320?

GenHouston

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
I've played with one on the range a little bit. The one I tried had a nice trigger but lots of feeding problems. I want to say it had 1-2 malfunctions per magazine and that's with commercial ammo.

If you're looking for a gun to play shooting games, the best triggers will be in the Double/Single Action guns like that CZ Shadow or the Tanfoglios. They have a long DA pull on the first shot, and then they have incredible triggers. Some of the custom models are purpose built competition guns with 1-2lb SA triggers.

If you're looking for something less expensive and or simpler to operate, the Sig P320 has a great trigger out of the box and the M&P's aren't bad either. Glocks have TERRIBLE triggers, but if you practice with a Glock trigger you can work it about as well as anything else. I would steer clear of the XD stuff. They have decent triggers, but the entire geometry of the gun is flawed. The bore axis sits 1/2" higher than it should for no reason at all, which means you have to grip the gun lower than just about any other modern pistol, which limits your recoil control. They are still decent guns, but I don't see a reason to buy a gun with a flaw like that when there are better ones out there for the same price.
My M&P is the worst trigger ever I shot my Canik at the steel challenge over the weekend only issue I had with it was didn't get a mag seated well and had a miss feed. Other than that love the trigger on it and shoots very well. As I get more involved in shooting sports I will. Upgrade to better stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
i had a buddy tell me the walther's trigger is almost as good as his $250 aftrrmarket glock trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
cajunautoxer said:
i had a buddy tell me the walther's trigger is almost as good as his $250 aftrrmarket glock trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
It's been a few months since I shot my SIL's Walther PPQ M2 and Q5 but they aren't too far off from the DEV Fulcrum in my G34. The DEV is probably a little lighter on total pull weight but otherwise seems about equal. I'd give trigger return to the Walthers all day long.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
BrandonM(TWSS) said:
You mention bore axis as a problem for the XD line, but recommend the Sig 320? Have you ever seen a 320?
The 320 has a higher bore axis than most, but the XD worse. If you can grip the gun up to the seam between the slide and the frame, the top of your grip on a 320 is almost even with the bottom of the barrel. If you grip the XD the same way, your hands are still 1/4" below the bottom of the barrel because the slide is stupid tall for some reason. All guns will have some drawbacks, but I feel like the XD is by far the most useless of all the Glock clones. For the short time the 320 has been out, it's faring very well in competition. The XD has been available for about a decade now, has been revamped twice(to fix major flaws), and hasn't had any real success in competition.

GenHouston said:
My M&P is the worst trigger ever I shot my Canik at the steel challenge over the weekend only issue I had with it was didn't get a mag seated well and had a miss feed. Other than that love the trigger on it and shoots very well. As I get more involved in shooting sports I will. Upgrade to better stuff.
Sucks about your M&P. Most have very decent triggers for striker-fired guns. If your Canik runs, shoot it! I was excited to try one after SHOT, especially since they have Warren sights out of the box. Maybe the one I tried was just dirty or defective.

Latest posts