Production handgun triggers

GenHouston

Well-Known Fanatic
What are some of the best mid to low price range pistols for triggers? Coming from more rifle sport shooting I am trying to get some thoughts from other shooters.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
GenHouston said:
What are some of the best mid to low price range pistols for triggers? Coming from more rifle sport shooting I am trying to get some thoughts from other shooters.
What handgun?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk, I think he wants to know which pistol comes off the shelf with the best trigger.
I like the Springfield XDM and and Glocks are okay too, but I like the XDM best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenHouston

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes sorry off the shelf best trigger. Just to clear it up a bit more in semi auto.

GenHouston

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone tried any of the Canik products? Just acquired the TP 9 FS and seems to have a good trigger quality.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I've shot a few Canik pistols and have been pleasantly surprised by their factory triggers. I'd like to get my hands on their competition model, the TP9SFX.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
How about a M&P with a nice trigger.
a2085c159fa798d4b572031bbb243c4d.jpg

GenHouston

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
I guess price ranges are relative. I'd call $1200 a "mid-range" price for a pistol.
I would say $1200 is mid range.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
I guess price ranges are relative. I'd call $1200 a "mid-range" price for a pistol.
Low to mid range Production pistol is closer to $5-600 IMHO.

k4ylr

Active Fanatic
The new M2.0s from smith have the Pro series triggers in them now. It's a good factory trigger for a striker gun and you can get the 5" models for ~$450 all day long. Otherwise, I really like my PRP drop in trigger for my 5.25 and it's a production legal part.

I need to get out and shoot again but I break out in hives and sob every time I go to the safe since Mitch DQ'd me in Tulsa.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
GenHouston said:
Has anyone tried any of the Canik products? Just acquired the TP 9 FS and seems to have a good trigger quality.

I've played with one on the range a little bit. The one I tried had a nice trigger but lots of feeding problems. I want to say it had 1-2 malfunctions per magazine and that's with commercial ammo.

If you're looking for a gun to play shooting games, the best triggers will be in the Double/Single Action guns like that CZ Shadow or the Tanfoglios. They have a long DA pull on the first shot, and then they have incredible triggers. Some of the custom models are purpose built competition guns with 1-2lb SA triggers.

If you're looking for something less expensive and or simpler to operate, the Sig P320 has a great trigger out of the box and the M&P's aren't bad either. Glocks have TERRIBLE triggers, but if you practice with a Glock trigger you can work it about as well as anything else. I would steer clear of the XD stuff. They have decent triggers, but the entire geometry of the gun is flawed. The bore axis sits 1/2" higher than it should for no reason at all, which means you have to grip the gun lower than just about any other modern pistol, which limits your recoil control. They are still decent guns, but I don't see a reason to buy a gun with a flaw like that when there are better ones out there for the same price.

Latest posts