Product Revew: Ghost blind

dennishoddy

This weekend my buddy and I ordered the Ghost Blind to take on a bow hunt where we didn't know if any tree stands, etc could be set up.
http://www.ghostblind.com/
A few years ago, I field tested a prototype of this for a certain magazine. It worked ok, but had limitations with high winds, etc.
Saw an ad on this, and we decided to take the plunge, as the bugs looked to have been worked out.

To say the least it worked really well. Both of us had deer within 10 yards. We did have a couple of issues though. Your given 4 stakes, and 4 ropes. We found that we needed 4 more, and some para-cord to really make it work right. Our hunt had high winds, which required the extra equipment. No wind, no problem.
If one follows the instructions faithfully, it works as advertized.
The web site above has some video's, and pics that demonstrate proper installation.

I could walk away from the blind about 40 yards, and it was difficult to see, as long as it was in a shaded area. In a sunny area, the total blind was a little shiny if not put up properly, and there was a little ridge along the very top of the blind that stood out. 2 minutes with a black sharpie took care of that issue.
Its constructed of a plastic cardboard like material to be waterproof, so that design has small pockets along the top of the blind like cardboard does. It made a perfect place to stick small plants, and twigs for additional camo.

For a recurve crossbow like mine, its takes a little manuevering to make sure one of the limbs doesn't strike the blind at release. My buddy's compound model had less issues. A vertical bow would have no issue.
It would be really great for pistol, or short range rifle and shotgun hunting.
4 1/2 stars out of 5 from me for a rating.

huntingfool

Fanatic
I had this idea 15 years ago but could not figure out how to make something light weight enough.

dennishoddy

huntingfool said:
I had this idea 15 years ago but could not figure out how to make something light weight enough.
I did a product test several years ago for a manufacturer that used mylar for the reflective device. There was a 4 point frame that one could use. It didn't work at all in the Oklahoma wind.
This system works really well. My buddy bought one too, and he has had deer walk within 10 yards of him when the wind was right.

Latest posts