ProAm this Sat 4-19-14 @ Oil Capital

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
We will have our ProAm match this Saturday April 19 at Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club.
Signup starts at 9:30am, and shooting at 10:00am.

$15 to shoot, $10 for OC members, and as always, free of charge to LEOs and active military. (Maybe $5 for a second gun, but depending on number of shooters.)

Divisions: Center fire pistol, revolver, rimfire pistol, and rimfire rifle, with open and ironsights division on each.

The ProAm Championship is coming up this July. We will shoot 5 of the stages already posted for this match. (Not to worry, we will have a bit lower target count, and not-so-slightly higher par times.) And yes, this includes a One-On-One elimination stage. Check out their page on line: http://proamshooting.com

Troy is making us more targets so expect 25-30 targets per stage. Will have stage layout posted later this week.

All dropping steel targets.

(We will have a secondary tactical match with 2 tactical stages for sequencing purposes as well. These will serve as our tie braker.)

Round count is 170 minimum, assuming no misses, and depending on how far you go on the one on one

Lots of movement and reloads, but still 22 friendly.

If you are in good shape, we will greatly appreciate any help tearing down after the match. but no pressure if you want to leave or can't help.

As always, we have plaques for 1st place winners.

Directions to OCR&GC http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

Hope to see you at the range.

Renato S. and Don N.
918-260-1366

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
ef9turbo said:
When does this one expect to be over?
We should be finished with the normal stages by 2 (hopefully closer to 1,) and the one-on-one by 3 (again, hopefully closer to 2.) Sometime people leave before we start the on-on-one, which is scored separately.

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
This is what I was thinking on stages. Again, the 5 ProAm stages are very similar to 5 posted for the ProAm Championship in July in Florida.
Still open to suggestions.

Attachments

• Stages ProAm Apr.pdf
    84.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Stages Secondary Apr.pdf
    56.7 KB · Views: 52

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
Would one be able to go ahead of others and move on to other stages to get out of the match early? I work at 1400 and would need to be home by at least 1230 to get ready for and drive to work.

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
ef9turbo said:
Would one be able to go ahead of others and move on to other stages to get out of the match early? I work at 1400 and would need to be home by at least 1230 to get ready for and drive to work.

Uhm... Whole groups jumping stages never works. But one person might. You would not be able to shoot the one on one stage, as we shoot it last. But it is scored separately.
I think we can make it work. Come on down (just remind me tomorrow.)

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
ef9turbo said:
That's called "shooting through", I bet Renato can work that out for you....

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Just picked up another 40 targets Troy made for us.
So we now have more than plenty.
Will be ready for tomorrow.
Hope to see you guys then.

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
The Antichrome said:
attachicon.gif
knee.JPG
Fun match. I hadnt been to Oil Cap in a long time.
I had forgotten how harsh the gravel was;-)
Ouch. How did you do that?
But I noticed it didn't keep you from shooting well.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Yeah, I've done a belly flop out there on the 50yd range before running Renato's baseball diamond stage!

These stages looked awesome

Renato2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Micah_Rowe said:
Yeah, I've done a belly flop out there on the 50yd range before running Renato's baseball diamond stage!
These stages looked awesome
I saw the video of how you gracefully maintained full control of your Glock all the way down to the ground... I thought to myself, man, this Micah guy, he must have years of belly flopping experience...
(Actually, that one was my fault... Forgot to nail the box spike all the way down.)

mikey80

Negative Approach
Renato2011 said:
I saw the video of how you gracefully maintained full control of your Glock all the way down to the ground... I thought to myself, man, this Micah guy, he must have years of belly flopping experience...
(Actually, that one was my fault... Forgot to nail the box spike all the way down.)
I was the belly buster champion at the public pool when I was 10, lol.

Latest posts