Proam championship 2012

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
From Phil,

I must say that I'm glad we made it through that weekend in Frostproof! It wasn't easy, but it sure was fun!

Many of you have expressed concerns about next year's location (some for and some against FL). Needless to say, holding the match at the Universal Shooting Academy was VERY difficult for me and my family...and some of my staff. What makes things even more difficult is having a range like USSA only 20 minutes from my house!

However, with the continued uncertainty surrounding USSA, I can not take the risk of committing the match there for 2012...planning this match will start in the next couple of months, and I can't plan without a firm agreement with the future new owners. Therefore, I have decided to allow the Universal Shooting Academy to host next year's Pro-Am Shooting® Championship. I have no doubt that the word has spread throughout the eastern US about this match, and I also have no doubt that the match will double in size there next year. Of course, I will need your help, as nothing legitimizes a competition better than word of mouth advertising!

Just FYI, I have spoken to the River Ranch (match hotel) about some of the issues that arose during our stay there, and they are extremely excited about rectifying them if we choose them next year. I still haven't decided about that one yet.

Although I promised since 2008 to never raise the match fee, it looks like it will go up next year. HOWEVER, every competitor will receive a free lunch for the day(s) they compete...so technically, the match fee will remain the same...with a meal allowance charge! Expect next year's entry to be $150 for a single entry and $275 for dual entries...not a huge difference.

As always, the match will continue to be held the 3rd weekend in July...I know it's hot, but that's the only weekend that doesn't conflict with another major match.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who went above and beyond with thanking the sponsors! I have had an overwhelming response from them...many of them tell me that the response they receive from this match dwarfs any other they contribute to...which explains why this is one of the few prize tables that GROWS each year! YOU made that happen, and I thank you!

I hope to see you all there again next year...and don't forget to bring some friends!!!

Take care,

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

DonC

grumpy old fat man
Phil; I hope that the River Ranch does a better job for you guys next year because it was pretty miserable for us at the IDPA Nationals. They were not prepared to have any services available to us and had to scramble to get any facilities open to meet our needs.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Phil; I hope that the River Ranch does a better job for you guys next year because it was pretty miserable for us at the IDPA Nationals. They were not prepared to have any services available to us and had to scramble to get any facilities open to meet our needs.

River Ranch was pretty crappy last year for us. The told Phil they would do things different next year. they were going to be open for breakfast but they did not open till 9. We had the shooter meeting at 730 so no one got breakfast from there.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay. As you can all imagine, I've been pretty busy since Jan 1st!

The 2012 Pro-Am match application is attached, and will be posted to the website very soon. Please pass this on to as many shooting lists as you may know. I would love to see the match fill up this year!

The most notable change this year is the fact that the match fee went up $10. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but I prided myself on keeping the match fee the same since the beginning! The increase is to cover the cost of your provided lunch...or lunches if you shoot both matches.

I'm still working on a match hotel. The River Ranch was disappointing...mainly due to the lack of food services! Everything seemed to be closed when you needed it open! They have assured me that they will be changing their service schedule for the weekend we're there. I haven't made the final decision yet, but you will be the first to know when I have chosen the match hotel.

I will also be sending update requests to the webmaster tomorrow.
AMATEURS - don't forget to fill in your classifications. Remember Limited is the HIGHER of your USPSA and IDPA classifications if you have both. Otherwise, it's one or the other. If you don't have a classification number, then simply put "U." I strongly encourage to come shoot this match with some sort of classification...even if it means joining USPSA or IDPA to get classified!

Remember, SUNDAY MORNING FILLS UP FAST!!!! Don't wait to get your applications in. The squad sizes are fixed at 10 shooters...no exceptions.

If you are interested in working as an RO, please let me know.

I look forward to seeing you all again in July!

Sincerely,

Phil Strader
Match Director
2012 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

View attachment 1986

Attachments

• 2012 Pro-Am Registration.pdf
    377.2 KB · Views: 209

Shootingchef

Fanatic
I wish it was back in Tulsa!!! This is a fantastic match. stages are straight hosiers with some fancy footwork. I love shooting it, too bad the heat shorts out my hearing aids. A big tip to open shooters. you will need 5 mags or more on your belt. I only had 3 and thought that was enough, 4 mags total, 4 different stages I ran dry with time on the clock. BTW did anyone in Tulsa tell Kelly that he got beat by a girl?

Latest posts