Primers and powder in stock

dennishoddy

Powder valley has Winchester SPP in stock this morning, as well as some IMR powders. Notably IMR4895 that is popular in lots of rifle calibers including .223 and .308.
I just put a whuppin' on their inventory, but left a few for you folks.
I'll be driving up next week to pick up my order as well as some strong Ks. beer.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
What did Hodgdon send them? Their website isn't updated yet. At this point I'm about ready to grab 8lbs of 4895 for .223. I can use it in the M1A and Garand too.

hodgon is low everywhere, I got a bunch of tac and aa2495, but i still need a jug of h4350 and a few of titegroup

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike they supposedly have a shipment coming in today according to their facebook page last night. Supposedly their webpage should be updated about 10:00 tonight. Supposedly...

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Nevermind... This just in from the PV Facebook page. Grrrr....

Talk about a busted bubble. Nothing of interest on the Hodgdon Powdershipment unless you are in need of IMR4064. A couple of other small items including the CFE Pistol. Website will be updated in 5 minutes.

CrtsHarris

Well-Known Fanatic
You have to be fast when they get a shipment too!! I had some luck a couple weeks ago when I noticed they had some Alliant powders in stock. Frantically placed an order within four minutes and a literal ton of powder sold out in ten minutes!!

For those new reloaders, use gunbot.net to get updates on powders or other components that you may need.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I was lurking around the powder valley web site all morning until they posted the shipment was a bust. So I put a dent in their primer inventory.

Any federal sm pistol showing up anywhere? I've had some on backorder for a long time..just curious

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Jason Grant said:
Any federal sm pistol showing up anywhere? I've had some on backorder for a long time..just curious
H&H has them. You can also use small rifle primers.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Winchester primers are next in line to Federal if you are worried about hardness. They run perfect in my Cyrwus tuned M&P.

dennishoddy

I've loaded tons of CCI without any problems in everything but the M&P limited gun. When I got it, I found plenty of Fed. primers at the time, and I'm still using them.
I've heard some say they are hard, but haven't seen it in my case.

Anybody ever set up something to actually test the difference in hardness in primers?

I have others to use for now. I've just had federal on back order for a looong time and was just curious if they're showing up anywhere but at my place...

Latest posts