Precision Anodizing in OKC

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think that Anodizing on SS is the same as aluminum, much weaker and different process, but I may be wrong. I'm tempted to learn to anodize, it looks kind of interesting to me. I need a bigger shop.....

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I know how it's done and have researched it before, but I need to find someone that can give me a heads up on the little tricks of the trade. Anyone that's done it before want to give me pointers? I can't imagine that it's much tougher than parkerizing.....

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm wondering if this can be done to the slide of a Glock? Anybody know?

You need to have it Cerakoted or refinished with some other spray/bake finish if you want to do steel in a weird color. I need to post a pic of my sniper gray Beowulf later. I ordered a bottle of crimson red Cerakote, but I'm too chicken to refinish any of my guns in that color. I may try to find an old knife to see what it looks like.

Brianatc

Well-Known Fanatic
I have this complete kit plus power supply if someone is interested in setting up a home anodize shop. It's never been used.

http://www.caswellplating.com/electroplating-anodizing/anodizing-products/anodizing-kits.html

Latest posts