Pre-loading magazines

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
I load before if I have time. More time on the stage to help out/RO etc

If it is your first one I would definitely get them all loaded up before. Then you can concentrate on what you are doing and other advice you are getting.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
benny hill said:
I always walk stage so I may want to down load a mag. also always unload each mag after stage and reload at next one so as not to grab a half loaded one on a pistol reload and go "click" midway through stage.
But where's the fun in knowing you have all the ammo you need for a stage? I find it's much more interesting to load mags with range pickup ammo on the clock.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I always load my clips before the match so I can concentrate on shooting and walking stages the morning of the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Josh Cobb said:
I always load my clips before the match so I can concentrate on shooting and walking stages the morning of the match.

9ccad1a4119e7e1d09cb0a44dfa3d7a3.gif

posted via Tapatalk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I load day of match. It's better for me to focus on that during the immense amount of down time on match day than to cram it in during home time when there are numerous other distractions and people vying for my attention.

Rader89

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Cobb said:

Clips for your sks?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rader89

Well-Known Fanatic
I load when i get there becuase no one does the stage brief on time. Or you can be that guy whos up first on the first stage and say youre not ready.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
I load mags the day before for at least the first 4-5 stages if I can, Then I keep everything filled up if I have the time between stages. Always keep a few AR and Glock mags loaded at home for the zombies too.

NightShade

Well-Known Fanatic
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
I'm a bit OCD. Gear is inspected and prepped a few days before any match. Mags get loaded at that time as well.

Same here, planning to hit a match on the 21st and my mags have been loaded for a few days everything has been checked and will get double checked the night before. I also pull ammo from the 22lr bulk boxes I have and put them into the 100 round plastic carriers.

After I shoot first thing I generally do is load mags back to full so I am ready for the next stage.

And I don't mind if Wall says he hates me for it, LOL. It's better to have everything checked then wonder why that red dot won't stay zeroed on the 9mm carbine that was put together the morning of the match :sarcastichand:

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
I've only shot three competitive matches so far, but I've started loading mags before getting there.

The first match I didn't have anything loaded. Sitting there loading was a PITA. It was a 3 gun match which made it worse.

The next match was a USPSA match and I didn't load any of my mags. That was also a pain, but showed me that I needed twice as many mags so that I didn't have to reload them as often.

I shot in a USPSA match yesterday and showed up with all of my mags fully loaded. This is definitely the way to go. I had 8 mags with 22 rounds each and only needed to load, well top off technically, one time during the match.

Latest posts