"Pre" Lawyer Up

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Most of us have heard the joke, "No body likes lawyers until you need one."

Fact: if any on us are involved in any kind of shooting we are going to need a lawyer. And after a shooting is not the time to go shopping for one.

So do any CCW members already have a retainer with a lawyer?

How do you go about finding a lawyer that would be most appropriate should you be involved in any shooting event? Or is your current "family lawyer" good enough to have on hand???

I don't have a retainer with a lawyer, but I did carry one for a several years after a divorce 11 years ago. (interestingly, his wife was on the defense team of Timothy McVeigh)

Have a great, safe day.

Hoop

Well-Known Fanatic
I have thought about this too... Many moons ago when I took my CCW class at H&H, the general suggestion of having one was brought up, and that Doug Friesen was the go-to guy. I never though much of it after that, then heard Mr. Friesens name on the local news, several times, regarding several "misunderstandings". Needless to say, he will not be my go-to guy.

I don't really have much to add to the conversation, other than I would be interested who other people are using, if any.

edited for spelling

Hoop

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Check out our forum sponsor, U.S. Law Shield.

Yeah, I've looked at that, and just don't get the "warm fuzzy feeling" from internet based legal representation.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
My wife, sister, and mother are all paralegals. Luckily due to that, I have a plethera of attorneys to choose from. Many likely wouldn't even charge me, unless the case went to jury trial. Hope I never need one for that reason though.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
US Law Shield is the only group I have heard of that provides this sort of coverage. If you don't trust them call the NRA and ask for a reference. I am sure thyme know all of the big name lawyers that handle self defense shooting cases. The NRA probably provides some sort of insurance as well.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
During my CDW class, the instructor advised finding a local pro gun attorney and keeping his number. Luckily we have one here that's very involved in NRA issues.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If I have to shoot someone in self defense. I am hiring that guy that got OJ off. No local yokels for this guy. I'm too sext for prison.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sorry to break the news to you Jesse, but there's a reason why Kris Kardashian is now married to that Jenner freak on that train wreck show the Kardashians

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
No, I don't watch TV much anymore. I heard he was trying to be a she, didn't know they were divorced. I do know that oj's attorney Mr Kardashian is dead!

dennishoddy

Jesse Tischauser said:
US Law Shield is the only group I have heard of that provides this sort of coverage. If you don't trust them call the NRA and ask for a reference. I am sure thyme know all of the big name lawyers that handle self defense shooting cases. The NRA probably provides some sort of insurance as well.
The US Law Shield Has attorneys trained in gun issues on their roster. If you make a blind phone call from a phone book in the booking room of a police department, you might get an ambulance chaser that Knows nothing about gun issues or self defense issues. That is the person you DO NOT want representing you.

Click on the US Law Shield banner, and talk to them. Its free. You might be surprised at what they offer.

They do seminars all around the areas they do business in. I've heard the seminars are extremely eye opening

. First hand reports from people that have attended them say its worth the price.

Latest posts