Practical Rifle Match @ Oil Capital Saturday July 7th

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Practical Rifle Match

Date:   Saturday July 7, 2012
Time:   9:00 am - 2:00 pm

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I am planning to take the new Loki 3g to it's debut match this Saturday. I can't wait. I haven't shot the same rifle in a match for 2 yrs now. They have all been different ones borrowed and none had I shot before. Hopefully I can start to suck less as I become familiar with one rifle and one rifle only. See you ladies there.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What kind of info u looking for?

They shoot 4-5 stages. It's IDPA scoring and rules. So accuracy is paramount and you must slice the pie and use cover which is less fun than outlaw 3 gun because it's slow. They shoot a little pistol in a stage or two as well.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Jesse, I was thinking this might be a good place for Stone and Julie to work on their carbine skills but now I'm pretty sure not yet. I was hoping it was a run and gun hoserfest. I reckon we'll just do the Pro-Am this weekend.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Thanks Jesse, I was thinking this might be a good place for Stone and Julie to work on their carbine skills but now I'm pretty sure not yet. I was hoping it was a run and gun hoserfest. I reckon we'll just do the Pro-Am this weekend.

It would seem that this would be the perfect place to work on carbine skills since it isn't a hosefest. Having to slow down will allow a shooter to focus on his fundamentals. I don't know Stone or Julie, or which styles they normally shoot, but if they need to work the basics this would be the perfect venue for that. You can still get in a hurry here, but then you suck, much like in just about any match (caveat: Unless you're a Semi Pro). That whole "accuracy is final" thing is what they're going for with this match. Plus, it's fun.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic

Blaise, this was the first competition I ever went to a couple of years ago and it got me hooked. It really is a lot of fun and has some good folks. Round counts are fairly low, like 75 rifle and 20 pistol. Most of these guys are weekend warriors wearing tactical gear and just trying to have fun. I think it's a great place to work on carbine/rifle skills. If not this one I'd love to see you guys make it to one another month. Brandon.

Latest posts