Powders for 9mm?

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for decent powders to use in 9mm. I am shooting 115grn and 124grn bullets mostly platted. I am down to my last 2-3 pounds of Titegroup. I have used Red Dot for practice loads this year to conserve powder. It works fine isn't my first choice but works. What other powders are you guys using? This way if I see some I can grab it being it has become a "oh **** pistol powder I better grab it" market.

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been using Unique for years. Unfortunately is has become as hard to find as everything else.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
WST, WSF, N320. You should order the Western Powders and Hodgdon data books. More like magazines, really. Very cheap, and FULL OF TONS OF RECIPES FOR EVERY COMMON CALIBER. Way, way better than the recipes in reloading manuals.

One of them is $3 shipped, the other is $12 shipped.

JMorris

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a range of powders from N310 on the fast end to HS-7 on the slow end. The slow powders are better for compensated pistols with light bullets and the fast ones with heavy bullets feel softer in regular pistols.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Used power pistol, titegroup, autocomp and N105 all with success. Prefer titegroup and autocomp.

Win 231 and CFE pistol are also good for light 9mm.

Josh Smash

Well-Known Fanatic
Just started using Capital Armament's XP100. No issues, meters well and burns clean. Plus they're veteran owned.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Trailboss, but you're going to have to cut your recoil spring in half and it still may not cycle, or exit the muzzle. Screw it, I'm going to bed.

Latest posts