poor service

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
So i wanted to buy the new meopta ZD scope.. i hear that some are having some issues so i call meopta sales and they say "don't worry about it if there is any issue with the scope we will take care of you, it is no big deal, we will get you a new one...", so i buy one, it gets here and guess what there is no lead for the positive side of the battery, so it doesn't work, to verify i hold a paperclip and sure enough it works.... i can see where the positive lead needs to be but it just isn't there.... all this i can handle stuff happens...

so i call and they are going to make me pay for shipping to ship it to them... seriously, i get a defective scope out of the box and i have to pay for shipping, AFTER they promised me they would take care of any issues... i am in sales and we will never make someone pay for shipping if they get a defective product... i drop a grand on a scope and that doesn't work out of the box and they make me pay for shipping...

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
That's crap. Call them back and go up the chain.

Document everything and if they don't make it right post it all up on arfcom, m4carbine, etc.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
yeah i just posted on arfcom. it is not about the money and i still probably wouldn't be too upset, if i didn't call beforehand and voice the fact that i heard their scopes were having issues and then they tell me not to worry about it!!!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
that's bullshit there.
Did you ask to speak to someone higher up the chain?
no, i didn't maybe i need to, but i guess i figured it would be a given that you pay for shipping if you get a defective product.. that shouldn't be something i have to go up the chain on...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
no, i didn't maybe i need to, but i guess i figured it would be a given that you pay for shipping if you get a defective product.. that shouldn't be something i have to go up the chain on...
no, you shouldn't HAVE to.
But, I would go up until I was satisfied with the result, you're not asking for anything unreasonable.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
If we did our customers that way we wouldnt have any customers.
If it isnt right you make it right or you will go out of business sayin to your self "why dont we have any orders coming in? "

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd just ask them if they would like to pay for shipping or a full refund and let them tell you if they would like to keep you as a customer, pretty simple dude you just need to let them tell you which direction they would like to go. Later,

Kirk

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
I was googling meopta before reading this and optic planet had posted this

Meopta is a brand of optics that is manufactured in the Czech Republic. OpticsPlanet carried Meopta scopes and binoculars for several years, and while they are good products, at this time we recommend that our customers go with similarly priced optics from more popular brands that are manufactured in Germany, Japan or the USA, such as the Zeiss Conquest, Nikon Monarch, Vortex Viper or Leupold VX-3 series of products. These are some of the most excellent lines of hunting optics in the world, offering the best values you can find in mid-priced scopes and binoculars. We highly recommend them as a superior alternative to Meopta Optical products!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I was googling meopta before reading this and optic planet had posted this

Meopta is a brand of optics that is manufactured in the Czech Republic. OpticsPlanet carried Meopta scopes and binoculars for several years, and while they are good products, at this time we recommend that our customers go with similarly priced optics from more popular brands that are manufactured in Germany, Japan or the USA, such as the Zeiss Conquest, Nikon Monarch, Vortex Viper or Leupold VX-3 series of products. These are some of the most excellent lines of hunting optics in the world, offering the best values you can find in mid-priced scopes and binoculars. We highly recommend them as a superior alternative to Meopta Optical products!
very interesting.. doesn't surprise me...

scooterj

Well-Known Fanatic
uscbigdog just put a Vortex Viper on his AR and claims it's a much better scope than the Meopta that came off.

uscbigdawg

Well-Known Fanatic
Scooter's right. I still have my Meopta and it's going on the 22 for my wife to plink with. It's not a bad scope. Glass is solid, etc. but Benjamin's problem is with the new ZD model and it's been tagged with issues since release. I have the "older" one and it's frankly bomb proof.

I did replace it with a Vortex PST 1-4x with the TMCQ-MOA reticle. In a nutshell...it's sweet. On top of that Scott Parks supports the sport and shoots with us (he shot SMM3G and I think RM3G this year). They support shooters and when the boss replies to an e-mail you know you've got a special company. Mike Cecil and Scott are good friends and it's why also ONLY buy my scopes from http://www.cstactical.com because Mike checks EVERYTHING before it leaves the shop.

All that aside, you definitely should not have to pay for shipping back. Frankly, I'm with Kirk and would ask them if they don't want to take care of it, to include shipping, would they mind then a full refund. That's ridiculous.

Hope it works brotha.

Rich

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
update, well after emailing Meopta (no response back), i emailed Alfred at Larue, he emails me back immediately and then all of a sudden i get a call from Meopta saying they will make it right!!! Which for me still says alot about Larue....I have been very impressed with larue!!!

Latest posts