Ponca City OK High Cap Hose Down Oct 29 entry

dennishoddy

24 shooters attended. It was a great and challenging shoot. :D The match director said the next one, possibly next April will be held at the normal time of the USPSA match so it won't interfear with any bigger matches.
We need video's!
I saw lots of cameras out and filming.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
24 shooters attended. It was a great and challenging shoot. :D The match director said the next one, possibly next April will be held at the normal time of the USPSA match so it won't interfear with any bigger matches.
We need video's!
I saw lots of cameras out and filming.

This is a great idea! There are just too many big matches on fifth weekends and making a choice is really tough sometimes. I'm really looking forward to the next one!

dennishoddy

Rusty, first of all let me thank you for putting up your two entry's to the match for a raffle. Great big Pat on the Back! (maybe even a man hug) :D

The match director gave BoomerShooter kudo's for all of the support at the meeting before the match started. Thanks To all that contributed, and those that attended the shoot! Money raised goes to future range development. We hope you will be pleased. :D

Well, I really embarassed myself. We went to the third stage to start, and on my second mag, had a squib. Got a DNF.

Fourth stage, second mag, got a squib......WTF!

The brain was in overload, but finally figured out what happened. Three months ago was loading for a match had a malfunction of the powder drop. Didn't know how many rounds had already went through, so I weighed every round and thought I'd found them all. But, to be safe put them in the bottom of the cabinet to be used at practice.

Fast forward three months, getting ready for the match, look down in the cabinet and think; Ok! there is 50 already loaded!
Guess there was two rounds in there that didn't get caught when I weighed all of the charges.

Should have put a label on them.

I actually was going to shoot the Kel-tec p3at just for grins, but the ammo was going to be over a hundred bucks and could only find 3 spare mags.
Looking forward to the next one:D

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Wow Dennis... lol... That is how it goes sometimes. Life gets in the way of fun and we get so busy that things like this happen. I'm glad that things didn't go bad with the squibs! For the record, shooting thst P3AT at this match officially make you a mad man.

I've said it before and I stand by it, the Ponca City guys are awesome and I'm really fortunate to be able to shoot with you!!! Thanks again for everything you guys do.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Big thanks to the Ponca City guys for putting on a great match. Great weather, great group of guys and great food made for an awesome day. Never thought I would run out of mags on a high cap gun though, on my first stage I miscounted how many rounds I needed and went for a mag on my belt but no mag to be found................ Oh yeah barney load mag in the back pocket and it seems to take forever to get it out of the pocket and into the gun, I know the guy with the revolver on our squad did the same thing I did, but he was having a good time shucking moon clips all over the place and even had a guy holding a box of reloads so he could finish the stage. Nothing like a 62 round stage (if you don't miss) to start off your morning, can't wait for the next one.

Wes

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well lets hope that when the next one comes up I have my pistol and a plethora of mags with Dawsons and a couple of days at the Dillon :) I plan on getting to some more shoots next year hope to have some folks that want to carpool and hit some of the shoots further than an hour out of town. Sounds like a good time was had by all that were there but some vids would be awesome! Later,

Kirk

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll get some vid editing software installed and see what I can come up with.

Latest posts