POF*USA P-308 20"

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
When I was looking and wanting to purchase a rifle, I had my heart set on a DPMS-SASS .308 and looked at many on Gun Broker. Shortly thereafter, I got a good deal on this rifle from a guy here locally and I couldn't pass it up because it was love at first sight. This rifle has been an ongoing project up until this month when I finally received the last piece of the puzzle - the Atlas V8 bipod. What do I intend to use this for? I'm really wanting to start hunting again, as it's been over 10 years since the last time I had the opportunity. For the most part, however, I will be using this rifle at the range.

When I began building, I knew I wanted 3 things:

• I wanted functionality above all else.
  • I wanted a setup that would be rugged and reliable, no matter what the circumstances may be.
  • I wanted the rifle to be something you wouldn't see many of, if at all, when at a gunshow.

After I laid out what I wanted, I began the project and what you see below is the finished result. I am happy with the outcome and for the time being, I am happy with what I have accomplished. I plan to send the scope to Nightforce Optics and have the reticle changed to the NP-R1 and the turrets upgraded to high-speed. In the next 6-8 months, I may add a suppressor.

I apologize for the bad image quality. I spent all my money on the setup instead of using any to get a camera, which is why I had to rely on the iPhone 3G. I will post better photographs when I can get my hands on a decent camera.

What you see in the photos:

POF*USA P-308 20" NP3
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50mm (zero stop, NP-R2 reticle)
American Defense AD-Recon Mount
Falcon Ergo Deluxe w/palm shelf
Accu-Shot BT08 & BT13 monopod
Atlas V8 bipod
Magpul PRS

Total cost to build, including the Condor drag bag (not shown) and (7) magazines (not shown) = $5,500 - $6,000

7168o.jpg

7163.jpg

7164.jpg

7165.jpg

7166.jpg

7167.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Nice! I'd like to shoot that thing someday. How far have you taken it and what kinda groups ahve you shot with it?

Maybe you can bring it up to my doublewide shoot house? LOL!

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice! I'd like to shoot that thing someday. How far have you taken it and what kinda groups ahve you shot with it?

Maybe you can bring it up to my doublewide shoot house? LOL!

Since mounting the Nightforce last month, it's been too cold to get any range time. When it gets above 60F, I plan to get out and get it dialed in properly.

I live in Tulsa but I'm open to the idea of meeting you and DuBois some Saturday afternoon in OKC for lunch and/or range time.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Count me out - I have a problem with buying cool **** when I see it - and at $6,000 - no way in hell I wanna shoot that thing - I'll be selling all my tv's and stuff to buy one after LOL

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, Pliskin! Due to college and working 50+ hours each week, I've not had much time on the range, not to mention the frigid cold weather. When it warms up a bit, I'll be anxious to find out what this baby can do.

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic

Attachments

• POF_2.jpg
    POF_2.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 49
  • POF_3.jpg
    POF_3.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 61
  • POF_4.jpg
    POF_4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • POF_5.jpg
    POF_5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • POF_6.jpg
    POF_6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • POF_7.jpg
    POF_7.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 53
  • POF_8.jpg
    POF_8.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 57
  • POF_9.jpg
    POF_9.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 61
  • POF_10.jpg
    POF_10.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 64
  • POF_11.jpg
    POF_11.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 46
  • POF_12.jpg
    POF_12.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 49
  • POF_1.jpg
    POF_1.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 47

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Id be happy to break it in for you :)

that's a nice looking rifle... I would be interested in seeing how it compares to a bolt gun. I recently have the hankering to build a M-1A up after I finish my last two AR builds and finish my M700. something about a precision semi auto makes me tingle in my private places.

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
Id be happy to break it in for you :)

that's a nice looking rifle... I would be interested in seeing how it compares to a bolt gun. I recently have the hankering to build a M-1A up after I finish my last two AR builds and finish my M700. something about a precision semi auto makes me tingle in my private places.

We'll have to meet up sometime and hit a range somewhere. As for accuracy compared to a bolt gun, POF is every bit as accurate and I'm not saying that because I own it. I've read where guys have taken the P308 20", such as what is shown above, out to 1000yds with 3/4 MOA accuracy.

Latest posts