Pocket Holster Recommendation, Please

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
A friend carries a Kimberly Solo on occasion. I think if he had a good pocket holster, he'd carry it more often.

I want to give him a high quality pocket holster for Christmas. I'm not looking for cheap. Only top quality in all respects.

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

— Bill O'Rights

Last edited by a moderator:

rjinaz86323

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a Galco for years. Have been very happy with it.
262202fbdfc4992cc6d84ee6a9d75c8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xusmico

Active Fanatic
A friend carries a Kimberly Solo on occasion. I think if he had a good pocket holster, he'd carry it more often.

I want to give him a high quality pocket holster for Christmas. I'm not looking for cheap. Only top quality in all respects.

What do you recommend?

— Bill O'Rights
galco leather, safe secure, reasonable price. carried one for my j frame backup for decades. DO NOT drop a pistol in for pocket. ND waiting to happen at worst, death due to a gun fouled with pocket lint

warden45

New Fanatic

What do you recommend?

— Bill O'Rights
How about considering Alabama Holsters (Kydex, form fitted to specific firearm) or KyTac Kydex holsters). I use both. Holster stays in pockets upon firearm being drawn while holster remains in pockets. Fairly smooth draw. Trigger guard is covered. Works for me and highly recommended!

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
DeSantis Nemesis I finally tried one and really like it.. I do own many pocket holsters for 380's and they are easy to find. It gets harder to find for larger calibers. DeSantis has one for a Solo.

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
Thanks for all your replies.

Ordered a Recluse, which has arrived.

It looks nice.

As I said, it's a Christmas gift for a fellow traveler.

I'll let you know if he likes it.

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
I do own two Recluse and like them, but they (along with a Crossbreed Pocket Rocket) require you to fish your fingers between the gun grip and backing to draw. A tiny bit of extra learning and speed, but manageable. I have one for a normal pocket and one for a cargo pocket. They are one of the few that make a dedicated cargo pocket holster. very concealed. Good People.