Please delete, thank you

Hdswap

New Fanatic
Offered for adoption is my Wilson Classic. It's approximately three years old and like so many of my guns it just doesn't get used. Since it's turned into a safe queen, it's time for it to go to a new loving home.
It's stainless on slide and frame. Slide is serrated on top, ball cuts, adjustable rear sight, rear serrations, bevel on bottom of slide, no front serrations. No markings on slide aside from WC logo, brushed finish. Barrel has a recessed crown. Frame has Wilson ambi safety, magwell, checkered front and rear at 30 lpi, long 3 hole trigger. Wilson Combat on left and Classic on right done in script. Checkered wood grips (cocobolo?) I ordered it with a standard guide rod and recoil spring plug so there is no flgr with this one. Comes with 2 mags and all original documents that came with it including Wilson gun bag.
Price is $3400 shipped from my ffl to your ffl.

Also offered to a new loving home is my Colt Special Combat Government 45 purchased new in 2007. It's had minimal range use, never in a holster and is unaltered, It's mostly been a safe queen. It's hard chrome on slide & frame. It comes with the two original magazines, one has never been used. It's all original. The big blue Colt custom shop box, white sleeve and box contents are also included. The rear sight is a Bo Mar, not a copy. The front strap is plain. Magwell is 20lpi. I'm going to sell off a few and go in a different direction. *Note: There is no speed bump on the grip safety. Yes, it came that way.
Unless you are local to me in sw PA where we can do a legal transfer at an FFL, it wll be shipped from my ffl to your ffl.
My price on this is $1600 shipped. My FFL dealer will not ship to California. Payment is to be by USPS money order unless we have dealt before.
Thanks for looking.
My apologies if the photos don't appear in the right order. I trust that any Fanatic can tell which is which.

View attachment 991 View attachment 992 View attachment 993 View attachment 994 View attachment 995

I have no clue what I did to cause the photos to show up sideways.

I've had this 1951 commercial Colt Gov't model for short time. Chambered in 45acp. I was thinking of having a custom build done on it but I'm going in other directions now so that's not going to happen so it's available for adoption.
There's just the pistol and magazine, there was no box or anything else and I've never fired it. It's definitely been fired, just not by myself.
Condition is pretty good for it's age. This gun is original and unaltered and would appear to be one of 5478 produced in 1951.
This one is $1575 shipped from my FFL to yours unless you're close enough to just go to an FFL for legal transfer (sw PA). Payment is only accepted in USPS money orders. Thanks for considering this fine old Colt.

View attachment 1062 View attachment 1063
Offered for adoption is my Wilson Classic. It's approximately three years old and like so many of my guns it just doesn't get used. Since it's turned into a safe queen, it's time for it to go to a new loving home.
It's stainless on slide and frame. Slide is serrated on top, ball cuts, adjustable rear sight, rear serrations, bevel on bottom of slide, no front serrations. No markings on slide aside from WC logo, brushed finish. Barrel has a recessed crown. Frame has Wilson ambi safety, magwell, checkered front and rear at 30 lpi, long 3 hole trigger. Wilson Combat on left and Classic on right done in script. Checkered wood grips (cocobolo?) I ordered it with a standard guide rod and recoil spring plug so there is no flgr with this one. Comes with 2 mags and all original documents that came with it including Wilson gun bag.
Price is $3400 shipped from my ffl to your ffl.

Also offered to a new loving home is my Colt Special Combat Government 45 purchased new in 2007. It's had minimal range use, never in a holster and is unaltered, It's mostly been a safe queen. It's hard chrome on slide & frame. It comes with the two original magazines, one has never been used. It's all original. The big blue Colt custom shop box, white sleeve and box contents are also included. The rear sight is a Bo Mar, not a copy. The front strap is plain. Magwell is 20lpi. I'm going to sell off a few and go in a different direction. *Note: There is no speed bump on the grip safety. Yes, it came that way.
Unless you are local to me in sw PA where we can do a legal transfer at an FFL, it wll be shipped from my ffl to your ffl.
My price on this is $1600 shipped. My FFL dealer will not ship to California. Payment is to be by USPS money order unless we have dealt before.
Thanks for looking.
My apologies if the photos don't appear in the right order. I trust that any Fanatic can tell which is which.

View attachment 991 View attachment 992 View attachment 993 View attachment 994 View attachment 995

I have no clue what I did to cause the photos to show up sideways.

I've had this 1951 commercial Colt Gov't model for short time. Chambered in 45acp. I was thinking of having a custom build done on it but I'm going in other directions now so that's not going to happen so it's available for adoption.
There's just the pistol and magazine, there was no box or anything else and I've never fired it. It's definitely been fired, just not by myself.
Condition is pretty good for it's age. This gun is original and unaltered and would appear to be one of 5478 produced in 1951.
This one is $1575 shipped from my FFL to yours unless you're close enough to just go to an FFL for legal transfer (sw PA). Payment is only accepted in USPS money orders. Thanks for considering this fine old Colt.

View attachment 1062 View attachment 1063
Do the slide and barrel serial numbers match the one on the frame. Not real familiar with the old Colt but thought I was told once the all are serial #d. Thanks

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I've not taken it apart nor fired it. I think you are correct when it comes to the military models, not sure about the commercial version. I'll be back on in a bit, I guess I'm taking it apart now.

*Update* I took it apart, the only marking is where the barrel says Colt 45 acp, there's no other markings on the slide or barrel. Again, this is a commercial model as designated by the 'C' in the serial number.

Last edited:

Hdswap

New Fanatic
I've not taken it apart nor fired it. I think you are correct when it comes to the military models, not sure about the commercial version. I'll be back on in a bit, I guess I'm taking it apart now.

*Update* I took it apart, the only marking is where the barrel says Colt 45 acp, there's no other markings on the slide or barrel. Again, this is a commercial model as designated by the 'C' in the serial number.
Thanks again let me see if I can move a couple myself to come up with some cash. I'll keep in touch. Oh one more question, is it as clean on the inside as is on the outside, Barrel and etc..

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
It's pretty nice all over. Considering the age and that this one was apparently not a safe queen. It's in outstanding condition for a gun that has at least some amount of use in it's 67 years since leaving the mother ship. Let me say that except for taking it apart once to look for serial numbers, I have not fired it, cleaned it, lubed it or anything. It's been wiped down and it sat in a box in my safe until I dragged it out for possible adoption.

Hdswap

New Fanatic
It's pretty nice all over. Considering the age and that this one was apparently not a safe queen. It's in outstanding condition for a gun that has at least some amount of use in it's 67 years since leaving the mother ship. Let me say that except for taking it apart once to look for serial numbers, I have not fired it, cleaned it, lubed it or anything. It's been wiped down and it sat in a box in my safe until I dragged it out for possible adoption.
Thanks again for the info. Gonna make some calls to see if I can sell a couple and up grade to the old girl.