Pistol Stance Help

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Hi. My name is Adam, and I tactical turtle. I come to you for help.

What is the best way to start to recover from hunching over like a cocker spaniel humping a teddy bear? I have been dry firing and was wondering why hy neck and shoulders were getting stiff and sore. I know that I look cool like Chris Costa or Ricky Taylor, but it just sucks.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
dry fire

but more specifically,
1) stand in position with your gun chest ready
2) make sure you are standing completely relaxed in an athletic-ish stance
3) slowly extend your arms and bring gun up to eye-level making sure your head stays still (i.e. don't tactical turtle)
4) repeat steps 1-3

or wear a neck brace while shooting.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mitch Gibson said:
Stand up like a ****ing man. Bring your gun to your eyes. Shoot the ****ing targets like a man. **** bitches. Get money.
I used to think Marshall Luton was the King of educational phrases. Not any more

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I used to tac turtle pretty bad myself.

I'm not sure how I quit. I think I just...dry fired better until I quit doing it?

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
So I might be a Tactical Turtle, or have Tactical Turtle tendencies, but I'm not sure I want to stop. I feel comforted when I'm in my shell. Tell me, what are the benefits of being outside of my shell during a course of fire?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
TroyDB said:
So I might be a Tactical Turtle, or have Tactical Turtle tendencies, but I'm not sure I want to stop. I feel comforted when I'm in my shell. Tell me, what are the benefits of being outside of my shell during a course of fire?
Speed.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Shoot like this and all of your problems will go away; Financial social, even sexual

FB_IMG_1426543166030_zps33gsd7rz.jpg

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Stand up like a ****ing man. Bring your gun to your eyes. Shoot the ****ing targets like a man. **** bitches. Get money.
Tried this, seems skill is needed somewhere. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Bring your shoulders back. Make sure that you're using the muscles in your upper back to hold up the gun and not the front part of your deltoids.

Practice shooting groups at a 30 yard target. It's easy to use a super-aggressive posture that requires tons of muscle when you're shooting at close targets and trying to do fast transitions. It's really freaking hard to maintain that posture while staring at your sights long enough to shoot a few 5 shot groups on a target that's out there quite a ways. All of the muscles that hold you in that full-forward lean will get tired, and your sights will wobble like crazy unless you relax into a more natural upright position. YMMV.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Great advice, but keep talking to him like this and you're going to scare him back to only shooting his Dasiy Red Ryder...

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Bill Dickinson said:
Tried this, seems skill is needed somewhere. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
Well, you need to do it tens of thousands of times. And then move on to hundreds of thousands. Hop to it.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Bullington said:
Shooting position is overrated. A proper 90* counterclockwise tilt of the weapon (clockwise for left-handed shooters) and placing the reactive hand on the genitalia will yield you good results.
And you must bite your lip. And jab the gun out with each shot.

Latest posts