Pistol group cancels Colorado competition because of new gun laws

grayokc

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22915997/pistol-group-cancels-colo-competition-because-new-gun

Organizers of a Colorado shooting competition have cancelled the event because of the state's recently passed gun-control laws.
The International Defensive Pistol Association was scheduled to hold its Rocky Mountain regional championship July 4-6 in Montrose. Organizers said an estimated 300 shooters were expected to attend the event.
The cancellation stemmed from a combination of concern about legal liabilities under the new laws, and political opposition, said IDPA spokesman Paul Erhardt.
"The attitude toward Colorado is not very pleasant among firearm owners," he said.
Gunmaker Ruger cancelled another event, the Ruger Rimfire Challenge World Championship, which was to be held in Byers July 19-21.
The Colorado legislature recently passed three gun-control measures. The laws restrict magazines to no more than 15 rounds, require universal background checks on sales and charge gun buyers for the checks.
Several hunting groups and individuals have said they will boycott hunting in Colorado this fall. Some Colorado-based manufacturers of magazines and their parts said they will relocate operations because of the gun laws.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
You know, I feel sorry for the citizens there. It's probably like the whole US where small densely populated areas rule the rest, (isn't that what started the American Civil War?). Their next election cycle will tell the tale, though. Lot of mom and pop, pro liberty business going to suffer because of the stupid policies. My 2 cents.
B

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I also read a report talking about all the hunting guides and outfitters who are having clients cancel hunts left and right. Hopefully enough things like this will happen so the law makers will see the financial mistake they made also.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Yeah a bunch of my vendors from the greenhouse industry were up in CO at the Weed convention. If they keep guns and let us okies have some smokies too I got your back.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong, too damn skinny and way too long...No smokie for you guys!!!

Latest posts