Phil Stader's competition Pistol class rocks

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
How many rounds and what exactly does it cover?

More self defense or competition oriented?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
It's a competition oriented class. Phil is a GM USPSA competition pistol shooter and from what I hear - one helluva instructor. I'm not sure on the round count - but it is a 2 day class.

Jesse - how many rounds did ya'll shoot? 500+?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I only have a stock M&P40. I shoot it in everything I can and I carry it CCW. Is this good enough for his class?

gmshtr

El Presidente
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the positive comments. Sorry about not getting back with you Benjamin. I've got you on the wait list for the November Competition class at USSA, but I forgot to put your email address in my notification database. It's in there now, and you'll be getting an email shortly.

Make sure to visit the Calendar page of www.straightersolutions.com for up-to-date class offerings.

I'm offering an Advanced Competition Class at USSA in Tulsa, OK. It will be October 22 & 23, and will follow the same format as the last two: One day of personal training on the range (Friday), and one day of shooting USSA's USPSA club match on Saturday with Coaching, critiques, etc.

Here are the minimum qualifications to enroll:

"A" Class or higher in USPSA
OR
Master in IDPA (SSP, ESP, or CDP)
OR
"B" Class or higher in USPSA AND a prior student of mine...BUT you still must be personally approved first.

The classes usually run about 500-600 rounds on day one, and 200-300 on day three...depending on how fast your trigger finger is.

Please email me at [email protected] if you would like more information.

Thanks for the great new forum!!

Phil Strader

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Jeremy I think you will want to take the first class before the advanced. The class is mostly competition based but phil does a lot of training for MIL/LE so he knows that stuff too and a lot of it carries over between the two. I am assuming that he is going to do some more tactical self defense pistol classes in the near future.

We also plan to give Phil and the other fine training establishments here in OK their very own thread to post there stuff.

Great to have you here Phil! I'm looking forward to that level 2 class.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Sounds good Jesse.

I just didn't know if I had to go to a bunch of USPSA stuff before I could attend his first class. I mean I want to do both but I don't want to be slowing everybody down in the class.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Im signed up for the november class, Was thinking about doing the october one but im not classifed high enough and cant swing it with work.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=17.msg109#msg109 date=1284740876]
Sounds good Jesse.

I just didn't know if I had to go to a bunch of USPSA stuff before I could attend his first class. I mean I want to do both but I don't want to be slowing everybody down in the class.
[/quote]

I think it would benefit you personally to have a C class USPSA ranking and be trying for B class before you take the first class just because it is a great stepping stone to go from C to B.

The class will teach you a bunch of things that would take hours of forum research and book reading to learn on your own. It all depends on your goals for shooting.

I could care less about defensive shooting. I would assume that you don't really care about being a GM USPSA shooter anytime soon. I use the knowledge to progress in competitions. You will use it to save your life and possibly others someday.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
jeremy, i would email him now and tell him to hold you a spot for the next OKC class, i emailed him the same say he posted the tulsa class and i didn't get it (too many people already emailed him), so that way you are sure you have a spot next time he comes to OKC (or tell him tulsa) whatever works....

gmshtr

El Presidente
The November class roster has been updated at http://www.straightersolutions.com/Straighter_Solutions,_LLC/11-26_Roster.html

Benjamin, you're the first one on the wait list now! Don't worry, if you don't get into this one, you'll be the first on the list for the next Arcadia course.

I'll be keeping everyone in the classes updated as to USSA's status. If anything comes up that could affect the course, the students will be the first to know.

On another note, I've only got 3 spots left in the Advanced Competition Class for Oct 22-23. It probably couldn't hurt if a prospective student hinted about it at the "other" forum! I know that if I start one, it will get yanked.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get them both filled up, and the range will be good to go.

Thanks!

Phil

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
don't worry phil i am just excited, i am sick of sucking and one of 2 thing is going to happen. I will get alot better, or when the course is over you will tell me "look please don't tell anyone you took my class, you suck so much it will give me a bad reputation"!!

Latest posts