Phil Robertson suspended from A&E's Duck Dynasty.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Stone Dudley said:
Seems like freedom of speech doesn't matter anymore!
It matters, but the First Ammendment only protects someone from government reprisal. Sadly, our society is moving into an arena where an opposing viewpoint, or better, a politically incorrect viewpoint is squashed and demonized. Stone, you should read George Orwell's book, "1984".

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
BobS761 said:
Sadly, our society is moving into an arena where an opposing viewpoint, or better, a politically incorrect viewpoint is squashed and demonized.
But at the same time Miley Cyrus is allowed to freely discuss hard core drug abuse, smoke a joint on stage, and twerk anything with two legs. Adam Baldwin makes repeated homophobic slurs and largely gets away with it. And multiple celebrities compare being on stage/film or being hounded by paparazzi to being in a warzone. The difference between them and Phil Robertson is the above mentioned idiots are media darlings of the leftist controlled media. Truthfully as I see it this has nothing to do with being politically correct. It has more to do with the people in this country somewhere along the way lost tolerance for being tested. It is easier to just go along with the mob instead of expressing independent thought that all these people who preach tolerance claim to want.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Unfortunately if you want to be a public figure you gotta walk the walk and talk the talk. Heck I get scrutinized for my words and actions and I'm just a piss ant 3 gun shooter with a fancy shirt.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
If I'm not mistaken it was a redneck themed show. Not surprising the cast could happen to vary from political correctness. Why should a pro gay group that represents somewhere between 1.7 to 4 % of the population sway the outcome? It was no surprise Phil had deep religious convictions and was reflecting his view of the Bible. He is probably glad to be off the show.
Now he can preach at his church and in his duck blind.

dennishoddy

Like has been said, I sure hope the whole group bails.

Hit em in the back pocket. I'll bet the idiots at A&E change their stance.

Eric_williams

Well-Known Fanatic
They threatened to leave when they wanted them to stop praying so i really really hope they tell A&E to get lost this time around. which would suck for A&E because there logo is on almost everything Duck Dynasty related.

Topshotdudley

Team Scalpel Arms
BobS761 said:
It matters, but the First Ammendment only protects someone from government reprisal. Sadly, our society is moving into an arena where an opposing viewpoint, or better, a politically incorrect viewpoint is squashed and demonized. Stone, you should read George Orwell's book, "1984".
I'm reading it in honors English!

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
technetium-99m said:
Good lord.

All you guys need to go to work and say something controversial, get canned or disciplined and then try and cite the first amendment.

Ill wait to see what happens, go and try.
I quit before I reached that level. :rtfm:

Eric_williams

Well-Known Fanatic
technetium-99m said:
Good lord.

All you guys need to go to work and say something controversial, get canned or disciplined and then try and cite the first amendment.

Ill wait to see what happens, go and try.
He gets paid to do the show and when there not filming A&E doesn't own him. So what he said in a magazine interview should not matter.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Ahem... The 1A applies to government suppressing our speech, not us suppressing our speech.

A&E is free to can him for anything they want. Freedom to be a dick is part of the deal and A&E has exercised it.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Unfortunately if you want to be a public figure you gotta walk the walk and talk the talk. Heck I get scrutinized for my words and actions and I'm just a piss ant 3 gun shooter with a fancy shirt.
Wow! Me too! Who woulda thought! LOL!!!!!

dennishoddy

At the end of the day, the show will go on or not go on because of a business decision by A&E.
I suspect they will bow to the pressure of the majority that want to see the show continue.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
This morning I saw an older gentleman with a DD hat on I said it nice to know with all the crap that goes on it is good to know that we have a nation full of people that enjoy and can relate to DD. Guess the Homo's don't like it oh well maybe FX will sign them.

Latest posts