PCC Zero Distance

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Where do you set your zero? Running 147s, I set mine dead on at 15 and it definitely shoots "uphill". At 25 with a center hold on the upper A-B zone it will go completely over the target. Wasn't really expecting that much difference. Probably ought readjust out to 25.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Definitely Deplorable said:
Where do you set your zero? Running 147s, I set mine dead on at 15 and it definitely shoots "uphill". At 25 with a center hold on the upper A-B zone it will go completely over the target. Wasn't really expecting that much difference. Probably ought readjust out to 25.
I zero at 20yrds & don't hold over or under for anything

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I went to re-confirm my zero today after swapping out my diode to a larger MOA. My zero is a little off, I'd have adjusted it but I forgot my screw driver. Anyway, this was 50rnds at 20yrds unsupported.
b25a9d856e502e30878e9a8307078abd.jpg

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
I went to re-confirm my zero today after swapping out my diode to a larger MOA. My zero is a little off, I'd have adjusted it but I forgot my screw driver. Anyway, this was 50rnds at 20yrds unsupported.
b25a9d856e502e30878e9a8307078abd.jpg
What switch did you make, Wall? From what to what and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
No ****??? That sounds impossible. I zero at 15 for USPSA. I can't imagine ever seeing a head shot only at 25 in a match. So I guess I've never tried it. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
What switch did you make, Wall? From what to what and why?

I was running a 2moa diode & swapped it to a 4. The 4 is brighter & faster to pick up on the buzzer. At uspsa distances there's really no need for a dot that small.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
I was running a 2moa diode & swapped it to a 4. The 4 is brighter & faster to pick up on the buzzer. At uspsa distances there's really no need for a dot that small.
Good to know. Thanks!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Your talking about 4"+ difference from 15 to 25yrds.
That sounds odd. What sight & mount?
What is the height over bore, is it stupid tall or something?

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
That's what I was going to ask. Must have a super tall mount?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Actually it's only 2.95" from my hold and one round did barely clip the perf, but I mean just friggin barely.

The sight height is part of it, it's a Burris XTS-135 sitting in a Burris tall ring. Similar setup to a Aimpoint PRO, Comp M4, etc., 5mil dot. Evidently these 147s shoot like mortars if zeroed short.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
No ****??? That sounds impossible. I zero at 15 for USPSA. I can't imagine ever seeing a head shot only at 25 in a match. So I guess I've never tried it. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.
Please post up what you get and your setup. I probably ought to just grab a C-More for it, but this has a 5mil dot and it's not doing anything else so I thought I'd throw it on this gun.

jtischauser

Just zeroed my MPX at 15 yards with a holosun 510c (eotech knock offf) and moved back to 25. Sure as ****! I was just catching thevtop of the head box. So I dialed the zero in at 18 yards to bring the 25 yard hits down a little. Here are the results. I'm starting to think a 25 yard zero maybe where it's at.

mikey80

Negative Approach
I zero at 18 yds.

My only hold over is on targets less than 5 yds.

105 gr bullets make the Scorpion shoot like a ****ing laser gun.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
I would zero a PCC at about 35, same as my open pistol so you dont have to work out both hold over and hold under. You're catching the bullet before it has peaked, just like a 50/200 rifle zero. And that's too complicated for my brain under stress :girlwacko:

jtischauser

Micah_Rowe said:
I zero at 18 yds.

My only hold over is on targets less than 5 yds.

105 gr bullets make the Scorpion shoot like a ****ing laser gun.
I was thinking some super light super fast hand loads would be tits.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I zeroed mine at 25yrds and thought I could fake it and make it thru a USPSA match this weekend. Looks like I better get back out and check some 5,10,15,20 yards holds.

Latest posts