Patrick Kelley from 3gun nation

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I don't know why it impresses me so much that he shoots man's calibers and claims no sponsor. The "ye olde mustache" only adds to his badass factor

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I just watched episode five of 3GN. In that episode he was not yet sponsored, but that was filmed last year (I believe?). Would you say his sponsorship was a product of his appearances on 3GN?

On a side note, I was proud to see both Kurt Miller and Mike Pinto on that particular episode!

taymoor

Skilled Lover
But he was all of those things before 3GN. Yet he came into the arena going toe to toe with top tier shooters, and he still wasn't sponsored at that stage. I'm just inferring that the spotlight got shone on him via 3GN, and sponsors were likely racing to get him in their gear once they saw the unbranded competitor. Am I wrong? Either way, he is a badass.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I can't speak for Mr. Kelly even though I do know him personally. I shot the 4 day Pan American Shotgun match with him and the USA Standard Manual team. He is a helluva shooter and an even better guy! I think he chose to be unsponsored prior to the 3 Gun Nation thing taking off. I would guess that the 3GN spot light made it tough to turn down the larger offers that came about after his wins. He may have also found the right companies to shoot for now as well. TV time draws big $'s in. Speaking of good sponsors Mr. Kelley is experimenting with LOKI billet upper/lower this year in tactical optics. Ask me how I know that?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!?!?!?!?!

I thought you would never ask! Here I go dropping manes and acting like a somebody. Lol. Mr. Kelley called me up asking about the new AR building out of OK because he knew I shot a LOKI. I said that I would get Erik from Loki to call him and get him hooked up. He told me straight away he didn't want anything free it even a deal because he wanted to give an unbiased review of their gun. How cool is that? I am sure Loki would have sent him anything he wanted minus the bill and he wanted to pay for it. I need to ask him what he thought come to think of it.

Latest posts