Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
With all the current craziness, does anyone on here use Parler? It's been attacked like every other conservative outlet but it sounds like it just came back online tonight after Amazon shut them down a week ago! Social media organizations have way too much power and it needs shut down.

apparently the app does not work and you have to go through the website but all I get is his message.

Any thoughts, recommendations on how to continue to keep our voices heard and relevant

Attachments

• BE4B5108-5243-4357-ABAB-773647F22190.png
    BE4B5108-5243-4357-ABAB-773647F22190.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
That's what I had heard to but got the update earlier tonight about the website being available from an Epoch Times email update.

When I went to look it up, first I had to download DuckDuckGo to find the Parler website because every other search engine buried the website and I couldn't find it. Even looking it up as Parker.com did not yield any real results.

So when I did locate the website I got the page as shown above with his message of "Is this thing on?" Which is what ETs said was his first message after the relaunch.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
There is another alternative to Facebook and it's called MeWe, but it's a little awkward once you get on it. It's in its infancy stage and is slowly developing from what I understand.

I'm always trying to "push the envelope" with Facebook and see if I get banned or a photo removed or anything like that. So far, so good... LOL...

Such as.... This photo describing the different grips that came with my full size RIA 1911 .45 ACP, and how I soon found a guy with one of those CNC routers and he made me a pair of custom made USCG logo checkered grips! :cool: I'm still waiting for Facebook to remove the photo and posting on my "Wall", because they'll be seriously offended by a photo of a handgun. :rolleyes:
RIA.Grips.jpg

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Never was social media type guy, gun forums are different for me, I guess. Just never would post a "here we are in ?????? and eating a deli sandwich" Would never want people to know where I am at any given time. Prolly just me. Plus I lead a boring life, ask my wife!

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Never been on FB and wife deleted her account after Jan 6th and she's been in such a better mood ever since!
have no use for them but want to fight the move to censor conservatives no matter the site. Parler just seems to be one option for conservative voices to try and remain relevant and not be constantly silenced by the left!

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Everything is upside down today and back@$$wards. Immigration, foreign policy, energy policy, taxation , job creation,defund the police, 76 genders, and more. The dems are turning matter into anti matter. Anything that seems like basic comon sense is getting stood on it's head. How did half the country wake up stupid enough to think these polices are right? I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Where in the world can one live in a sane society? I don't know what countries are left other than Texas.

So back to Parlor. .. We ditched Google for Duck Duck Go. We have never been on Facebook.. I never could figure out why anyone would post on there. Everyone I know that wants to talk about guns comes here!

Wife cancelled twitter and instagram accounts. We will boycott companies that have contributed to "peaceful protest" groups. That means I can't buy Ford trucks anymore. I'll live with that.

I've never been an activist and likely wont become one. I'm too old for kickin butt, but I am taking names, and I will make different spending choices, and I won't enable liberal platforms with my participation. That includes the Carbon Media Group!

Rant over.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Everything is upside down today and back@$$wards. Immigration, foreign policy, energy policy, taxation , job creation,defund the police, 76 genders, and more. The dems are turning matter into anti matter. Anything that seems like basic comon sense is getting stood on it's head. How did half the country wake up stupid enough to think these polices are right? I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Where in the world can one live in a sane society? I don't know what countries are left other than Texas.

So back to Parlor. .. We ditched Google for Duck Duck Go. We have never been on Facebook.. I never could figure out why anyone would post on there. Everyone I know that wants to talk about guns comes here!

Wife cancelled twitter and instagram accounts. We will boycott companies that have contributed to "peaceful protest" groups. That means I can't buy Ford trucks anymore. I'll live with that.

I've never been an activist and likely wont become one. I'm too old for kickin butt, but I am taking names, and I will make different spending choices, and I won't enable liberal platforms with my participation. That includes the Carbon Media Group!

Rant over.
Good rant. I thought it was 83 genders. I'm with you. I'm too old for this crap, but I will control where my money goes.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
We all need time to get over the Hostel take over of the Country. They are running around like Idiots trying do do as much damage before they get caught. Criminals know that will get caught eventually. Remember the guy who made the phrase, "I fear we have woken a sleeping Giant!" (or close to that) I'll shut up now, don't want to get to political. Have to watch my Trap.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We all need time to get over the Hostel take over of the Country. They are running around like Idiots trying do do as much damage before they get caught. Criminals know that will get caught eventually. Remember the guy who made the phrase, "I fear we have woken a sleeping Giant!" (or close to that) I'll shut up now, don't want to get to political. Have to watch my Trap.
I don't know that we'll ever get over it. I feel like I'm living in an R rated horror movie. Mitch McConnell made me so sick today that I lost my appetite and really, really thought I was going to puke. My wife watched President Trumps farewell speech and started bawling. I couldn't watch it. I had to leave the room.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic

Rant over.

Unfortunately a federal judge dealt a hard blow to Parler and sided with Amazon siso that might just be the death of Parler!
The liberal big tech has way more power than most any government!

pasted article!
A federal judge has denied an attempt by conservative social network Parler to force Amazon to host it on AWS. As expected by most who read Parler's ramshackle legal arguments, the court found nothing in the lawsuit that could justify intervention, only "faint and factually inaccurate speculation."

In the order, filed in the Western Washington U.S. District Court, Judge Barbara Rothstein explained how little Parler actually brought to the table to support its allegations that Amazon and Twitter were engaged in antitrust collusion and that AWS had broken its contract.

On the question of antitrust, Parler fell far short of demonstrating anything at all, let alone collusion in breach of the Sherman Act.

The evidence it has submitted in support of the claim is both dwindlingly slight, and disputed by AWS. Importantly, Parler has submitted no evidence that AWS and Twitter acted together intentionally — or even at all — in restraint of trade.
...Indeed, Parler has failed to do more than raise the specter of preferential treatment of Twitter by AWS.
Amazon had explained in its filing that not only does AWS not even host Twitter yet, though there are plans to do so, but that there are strict rules in place to prevent discussing one client with another. This was more than enough to dispute Parler's flimsy claim, Rothstein noted.

On breach of contract, Parler had in the course of its argument essentially admitted to breach of contract on its end, but said that Amazon had broken its side of the bargain by not giving it 30 days to fix the problem as stipulated in the customer service agreement (CSA) at Section 7.2(b)(i). Turns out that doesn't even matter:

Parler fails to acknowledge, let alone dispute, that Section 7.2(b)(ii) — the provision immediately following — authorizes AWS to terminate the Agreement "immediately upon notice" and without providing any opportunity to cure...
So the 30 day agreement was never in play if Amazon didn't want it to be; one imagines that the clause is for less immediately concerning causes for action. Contract breach argument denied.

Parler's allegation that Amazon was "motivated by political animus" likewise holds no water, according to the judge.

Parler has failed to allege basic facts that would support several elements of this claim. Most fatally, as discussed above, it has failed to raise more than the scantest speculation that AWS's actions were taken for an improper purpose or by improper means... To the contrary, the evidence at this point suggests that AWS's termination of the CSA was in response to Parler's material breach.
The company also made the argument that it would suffer "irreparable harm" if AWS services were not restored, and in fact Rothstein had no reason to doubt Parler's claims that it may face "extinction" as a result of these circumstances. Except that "Parler's claims to irreparable harm are substantially diminished by its admission 'that much of that harm would be compensable by damages.' "

In other words, money would fix it — which means it isn't exactly irreparable.

On other legalities and technicalities, Rothstein finds that Parler makes no case or that Amazon's case is much stronger — for instance, that being forced to host violent and hateful content would damage AWS's reputation, perhaps even irreparably.

As is important to note in cases like this, the judge is not ruling on the merits of the whole case, only on the arguments and evidence presented in the request for an injunction to restore services while the case proceeds.

"To be clear, the Court is not dismissing Parler's substantive underlying claims at this time" — which is to say that it is not dismissing the substance of the claims, not asserting that they have substance. But Parler "has fallen far short" of demonstrating what it needs to in order to justify a legal intervention of that type.

The case will proceed to its next date, if indeed Parler has not faced the "extinction" it warned of by then.

Rothstein Order on Parler i... by TechCrunch

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately a federal judge dealt a hard blow to Parler and sided with Amazon siso that might just be the death of Parler!
The liberal big tech has way more power than most any government!

pasted article!
A federal judge has denied an attempt by conservative social network Parler to force Amazon to host it on AWS. As expected by most who read Parler's ramshackle legal arguments, the court found nothing in the lawsuit that could justify intervention, only "faint and factually inaccurate speculation."

In the order, filed in the Western Washington U.S. District Court, Judge Barbara Rothstein explained how little Parler actually brought to the table to support its allegations that Amazon and Twitter were engaged in antitrust collusion and that AWS had broken its contract.

On the question of antitrust, Parler fell far short of demonstrating anything at all, let alone collusion in breach of the Sherman Act.

Amazon had explained in its filing that not only does AWS not even host Twitter yet, though there are plans to do so, but that there are strict rules in place to prevent discussing one client with another. This was more than enough to dispute Parler's flimsy claim, Rothstein noted.

On breach of contract, Parler had in the course of its argument essentially admitted to breach of contract on its end, but said that Amazon had broken its side of the bargain by not giving it 30 days to fix the problem as stipulated in the customer service agreement (CSA) at Section 7.2(b)(i). Turns out that doesn't even matter:

So the 30 day agreement was never in play if Amazon didn't want it to be; one imagines that the clause is for less immediately concerning causes for action. Contract breach argument denied.

Parler's allegation that Amazon was "motivated by political animus" likewise holds no water, according to the judge.

The company also made the argument that it would suffer "irreparable harm" if AWS services were not restored, and in fact Rothstein had no reason to doubt Parler's claims that it may face "extinction" as a result of these circumstances. Except that "Parler's claims to irreparable harm are substantially diminished by its admission 'that much of that harm would be compensable by damages.' "

In other words, money would fix it — which means it isn't exactly irreparable.

On other legalities and technicalities, Rothstein finds that Parler makes no case or that Amazon's case is much stronger — for instance, that being forced to host violent and hateful content would damage AWS's reputation, perhaps even irreparably.

As is important to note in cases like this, the judge is not ruling on the merits of the whole case, only on the arguments and evidence presented in the request for an injunction to restore services while the case proceeds.

"To be clear, the Court is not dismissing Parler's substantive underlying claims at this time" — which is to say that it is not dismissing the substance of the claims, not asserting that they have substance. But Parler "has fallen far short" of demonstrating what it needs to in order to justify a legal intervention of that type.

The case will proceed to its next date, if indeed Parler has not faced the "extinction" it warned of by then.

Rothstein Order on Parler i... by TechCrunch

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.
Only in AmeriKa