Para owners

TAK65

New Fanatic
The local firearm shop has a used Para CCO for sale. They have it on consignment for $650. I offered $500 and the guy says I can't go that low but I can make you a real good deal on it.

My question, do you think around $550 is a good deal? Its stainless and weighs less than my RIA Commander.

Seems like a step up to me. Don't take me wrong there is nothing wrong with my RIA. Just saw this and liked the feel of it and the trigger is nice and smooth.

Anything I should look for?

Thanks in advance.
Tracy

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
where was it made? If Canada go for it. No lifetime warranty anymore, some parts are not east to find. Great guns though. I have 2 left both Canada made. How many mags with it another thought to consider.

TAK65

New Fanatic
I'm not sure where it's made. The shop is overwhelmed with procrastinators. I told him I'd come back tomorrow and we could talk. Been doing business with this shop for 30 years and this young man and I dicker over everything. Everyone gathers around just to hear is banter back and forth. Free entertainment.

rglassma

Fanatic
STI, where did you get the idea there is no warranty anymore . All warranty work is done through Remington. I have an Expert 9. They have been easy to deal with on problem issues. Before, I bought it, I would contact Remington support and see if there is still a Warranty on that specific gun. There is nothing wrong with the guns made in the states under ParaUSA. Mine works great, is very accurate, and is super reliable.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a PARA WARTHOG. Bought it like new from a LGS. I shot several hundred rnds through her without a single issue.
The ONLY reason why I sold her was I was getting rid of all my 45's and movin to 10mm.
She was a sweet shooter!

If you like it, go for it!!!

Attachments

• WARTHOG AND BEAR KAYAK PICS 007.jpg
    WARTHOG AND BEAR KAYAK PICS 007.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
My P14 limited shoots excellent zero problems, I was told by Remington at the NRA meeting in Dallas they did not honor the Para warenties possibly he may have been mistaken I do not know. Mine is a Canada gun, I had 4 now just 2. I have a friend looking for a double stack R1 45 and cant seem to locate one with out a very high price tag.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Stainless P14 Limited here made in Canada about 15 years old now.

rglassma

Fanatic
Take it apart. Inspect it. Try and cycle some rounds through it manually. Slide it back with no ammo in the magazine to see if it locks back. If it passes all, then you should be good to go. I wouldn't expect any help from Remington. If you can get it then a bonus. You need to check the gun out yourself. If the store will not allow you to do those things then pass. If anything doesn't pass that test, then pass.

Keep in mind that there are a number of good deals out there now. I picked up my Kimber Micro 9 desert sand from last year from Cabelas in the gun library for less then 500.00. It has been a good gun. I know it is not a 45. I just picked up a 45 Springfield XDs like new for my son's bd present for 350.00 shipped. All with warranty as well.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
I fully expect gun prices to start climbing. Not to the extent of what ammo is now doing, but they will rise.
Any visit to a gun store where you see the lines at the gun counter, and you should agree.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Seems more firearms around than ammo for them I feel for the people that did not realize the ammo issues coming even the need to reload.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Yesterday coming home from fishing I saw a friend coming out of our local public range/gun store and pulled in to talk, he said they had some ammo come in and was looking to buy some WW White Box 9's 50/ct $25 a box! and had a few left and he did see several buy it! He said it was now $20 with gun rental, $25 without, they got to pay bills like the rest of us also! There sales now they said topped what Obamma sold. With all the virus mess and then add an election later this year the handwriting was very plain what will follow and it sure did exactly as predicted. Honestly many here in the business think that this year as it gets closer to election time will get much worse, I agree there depending on the election maybe next year also, who knows how long really? If anyone needs any 40 or 22 I do know where there is some in NE Tx the 40 is commercial reloads and shoots fine, all I will do is get you in touch with the owner of it, I do not know pricing will not be cheap but good deal if needed and available now.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
Academy Sports had more of the 124 Browning so I bought 600 rnds, shipped for $119.44
Not bad, especially given the times.

The other day I was reading FIREARM NEWS where there was an article about the current trend of PDW shotguns (Remington Tac13 etal) , so I looked at them on GunBroker. They have climbed substantially.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I used to run a Para P16.40 Limited in USPSA Limited Division....it was an older Canadian made gun. It ran great!...was VERY heavy due to being all steel (much heavier than STI's...which I run now...with a steel grip, LOL).

A fellow shooter at my club as a couple Para's....1 is a full size LDA (Light Double Action) and the other is an Officer (or maybe Commander size?) LDA.

Check to see if the one in your LGS is an LDA (Light Double Action) or traditional Single Action. Nothing wrong with the LDA's........you just will need to get used to the trigger and not too many around where I am know enough about them to work on them. BUT...my buddy never had to have anything done to his...if that's testament to it's durability....

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an LDA stainless Commander Para and a P14 Limited both Canada guns they have never had any issues at all with either, I have had several others, I just like these the best one odd thing I found out with the LDA testing ammo was Wolf steel cased ball outshot all in it! We all were very surprised there.

Latest posts