OSU Practical Shooting Team Placed 4th at SASP Nationals

Rockon71385

Founding Member
We took a team of shooters down the Talladega last weekend to compete in the Scholastic Action Shooting Program's collegiate nationals match. It's essentially a version of steel challenge where everyone starts from a low ready position. We beat all the teams in our division except for two teams from Texas A&M Corps of Cadets Marksmanship Unit, and the team from West Point, which means we were the 4th place team but the 3rd place program nationally. We were the top civilian team in our division, and the top self-funded team. I am insanely proud of our shooters. We are a relatively new program, but all of these guys have put in a ton of hard work and dedication to build strong fundamental shooting skills, and I couldn't be prouder as a coach.

I also want to thank everyone in the Boomershooter.com community that has supported us with sponsorship, donated used gear, bought a t-shirt, or taken some time at a match to help these kids improve their skills. Your support has made it possible for a lot of young people to learn basic gun safety, shooting fundamentals, and the love of competition shooting. The shooters we took to nationals are the same ones that are wearing your old gear around the range, and they are extremely appreciative for you support.

http://shot.sssfonline.com/shot5/web/publish/results/index.asp?eid=150

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
That's awesome, I'm super proud of you guys.

Hats off to you Robbie, looks like your doing something right with these guys.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Congratulations!!!
Go Pokes!!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Latest posts