Optimus Nova Multi-Fuel Stove

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
This is the stove that I want. Has anyone seen or handled one of these before?

Optimus Nova Muti-Fuel Camping Stove
OptimusNova.jpg

Nova Stove Description
The award this stove has received weighs more than the stove itself. An award winner many times over and the benchmark for outdoor cooking equipment standards, Optimus Nova has it all; performance, durability and ease of use. Outdoor adventures, including those on polar expeditions, rely on the Optimus Nova to fire up in a snap with its patented quick-priming burner. Users can rest assured knowing that the Optimus Nova will always burn strong and clean thanks to the built in MAGIC magnetic cleaning needle. Its self-purging Flipstop pump makes shutdown a task simple enough for one finger and despite the Optimus Nova's long reach pot supports, it folds up smaller than its fuel tank. That means more room for food. Get cooking!

Features:

- Fuel: Optimus Arctic Fuel, White Gas, Kerosene, Diesel, Jet Fuel
- Weight: 435 g (with pump)
- Measurement folded: 90x65x140 mm
- Rating: 2850 W
- Burn time: Up to 2,5 hours at maximum output with M size fuel bottle (using 450 ml fuel)
- Boil time (1 L of water): Down to 3,5 minutes depending on climate, altitude etc.

- Included in package: Includes burner with valve and stuff bag​
SKU: 48515​
Shipping Dimensions
Weight: 1.7 pounds.
Dimensional Weight: 1.35 pounds.
Dimensions: 7.5" (W) x 3.375" (H) x 9" (D)​

Price: $125

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
No but it's a dandy! Be perfect for long range treks and hikes. I'm interested in one myself now hehe.

ez bake

Well-Known Fanatic
The award this stove has received weighs more than the stove itself.

That's friggin awesome right there :D

I've got a Coleman Exponent multi-fuel stove (I think its either a Denali or a FyreStorm - I'll have to look). Multi-fuel stoves are good for high-altitude burning (where butane or even mixed-fuel stoves have problems), but I've never been at a place where I had to use it (my MSR Super-Fly and Pocket Rocket do just fine with the MSR-Fuel cans). Don't get me wrong, I like white-gas over the Butane or mixed-gas cannisters, but they're kind of a pain to setup (from all the one's I've seen and been around on backpacking adventures).

I actually made one of the Super-Cat (catfood can) stoves and am actually pretty happy with it, but I still don't trust it on serious trips (I don't have any reason not to, but I just like the old-faithful stoves when I really need them).

Post up a report if you get it - it looks pretty kick-ass man.

Shadowangel

Fanatic
I know this an old post, but I overlooked it.. I've got a Nova. Great stove, you won't be disappointed if you get it. Never had any serious problems. Easy to maintain, good design,usable with a bunch of different fuels. Taken mine on trails all over the place and been more than happy with it.

Latest posts