Opinions for a competition PCC

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
Looking at a few options for a competition PCC, with the PCC market being somewhat new, many firearms manufacturers are making firearms for the market. However, I am looking for a competition based PCC. So far I’ve looked into 4 brands, some are pricier than but the quality is there. Here’s my list I am torn between the Nordic Components and the JP GMR… Opinions please! Thanks~

1) Nordic Components 9mm PCC MSRP $1699 what I like about the platform is the ability to change magazine magwells to accept other magazines from other manufactures such as 2011’s Glock, M&P, etc VERY nice feature~!

2) JP GMR 15 MSRP $1599-1699 approx. JP does not a nice product but you are limited to one manufacturer type of magazine, such as Glock, not sure if they accept any other mags. JP makes a solid product

3) ATI Milspec 9 MSRP $899 very nice solid PCC

4) FX9 by Classic Firearms $599 another solid contender

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
Have you thought about building one?

Forum sponsor Make Ready Pro Shop can hook you up with everything you need to build a solid carbine.

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
Travis Lowry said:
Have you thought about building one?

Forum sponsor Make Ready Pro Shop can hook you up with everything you need to build a solid carbine.

No, didn't give it much of a thought to be honest. I just wanted to buy a solid firearm that was already built. So Make Ready Pro Shop? I'll look into it.. Thanks

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Bryan Hoover said:
And winning matches with it too!
It helps when it runs 100%.. and I should have listened to Tony from the beginning cause I went with some other components against his suggestions and ended up swapping them out for what he told me to buy in the first place. Lesson learned.

My advice is Buy once, cry once. And listen to Tony. He knows what he’s talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Are you really going to change the mag setup anyway? I like the idea for sure but Glock mag lowers are defiantly the most popular for good reason. Who wants to use $130 2011 mags for PCC? If you already shoot M&P or something compatible with the Nordic then maybe but otherwise set it up for Glock mags and run it like you stole it!

dfinan

Well-Known Fanatic
I know people say it is ugly but have you thought about the Ruger Takedown PCC? They are a little hard to find right now, can use glock or ruger mags, are in the 500.00 dollar range, ruin reliably and are accurate. Its what I am looking at picking up to try out PCC before I decide to invest in a higher dollar gun.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Just curious, why are you concerned about the mag options? If you want a competition gun. Glock mags are the way to go. Reliable and cheap. You also will find that there aren't many options for mag extensions or higher capacity with other mags.

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
59nolimit said:
Are you really going to change the mag setup anyway? I like the idea for sure but Glock mag lowers are defiantly the most popular for good reason. Who wants to use $130 2011 mags for PCC? If you already shoot M&P or something compatible with the Nordic then maybe but otherwise set it up for Glock mags and run it like you stole it!
I don't shoot Glock's but STI's and CZ's... I know the setup is popular but it doesnt do me any good

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
chgofirefighter said:
I don't shoot Glock's but STI's and CZ's... I know the setup is popular but it doesnt do me any good
I don't shoot Glocks either, but I have Glock mags for my PCC. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think you will find any reliable 33-60rnd mag configurations in CZ or 2011 versions?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It's hard to beat a JP. That said Nordic builds the parts for the JP. So I would suspect they are of equal manufacturing quality. Unfortunately Nordic never sent me one to put through the paces.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Sounds like this is going to be an expensive learning experience full of wasted time.

CZ Scorpion runs and runs and runs
JP runs and runs and runs
Tony’s guns run and run and run
Everyone successful is running Glock mags. Literally every single person.
QC10 has set the standard in AR9 lower receivers.

Latest posts