Open Division Pistol Sight Upgrades

jmaehs

Fanatic
looking to upgrade the sight on my Open Pistol, currently have a Pro Point on it was thinking about a C-More.
Any suggestion on other sights, pros and cons of vertical or horizontial mounting? What size dot is the most preferred?

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Wow. This would be 4 pages on Enos by now. I am in no way an expert, but I have been going through this as well. The 90 degree option is really only for a C-More, so let's look at the optics first. Close to 90% of the registered open shooters at the Nationals are running C-More sights. The rest are a smattering of Delta Points and other lower profile optics. I prefer a 90 degree mount but the guys at the top are running regular mounts with a C-More (except for KC, but he can shoot anything). Now, that's what they are doing, I have a 90 degree C-More on my open gun and a good friend of mine runs a Delta Point, and another friend runs a standard mount. I think I could get used to any of them with a little practice. My biggest reasons for the C-More with a 90 was two fold. First, it was less of a transition from irons and second, you don't have to worry about mechanical offset as much. My advice is to look through a few.

From a dot perpective, I like the 6 minute I am running but that 8 is sure easy to pick up. The DP has a 7.5moa triangle that works great too. On my 3-gun pistol I am running a Trijicon RMR with a 3.5 minute dot and it works fine. Again, all personal preference.

Hope this helps a little.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I am running the Cmore with a 90 degree mount, and this is my first open gun and the first dot on a pistol I have ever shot, and this gun has been the easiest to get use to so far. I will be switching back to irons as soon as the Oklahoma Sectional kicks off so I will know then how easy or hard it will be to go back and forth.

jmaehs

Fanatic
Thanks for the advice.
I talked to Matt Cheely today and he recomended the standard mounting with a blast sheild since i have a Hybrid Barrel.
I think I'm going to go with a C-More slide ride.

I'm a newb to compitition shooting so what ever i put on there will be able to preform better than the shooter behind the trigger.