"Open Carry" back on the docket

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Well if that is required to pass it I am all for it... We have to start somewhere... And to help grease the wheels (lack of a better term here) and they see the permit money possibiltes they will be more apt to do it...

Besides when you decided to play politics you have to relize they are playing with a different set of rules then we are... We are asking them for it not them asking us...

Come on brother we have to fight the battles before we can even think of winning the war....

I hear ya.

Pliskin

Active Fanatic
We have to start somewhere...

It seems to me we started with the second amendment to the Constitution and since then its just been watered down to fit the needs of the paranoid people in power. But yes I'd like to see this right restored to the people who should have never lost it. Any free man(or woman) should be able to choose his method of carry and if he decides a rifle is the most effective way to defend himself then so be it. Personally I don't think I'd ever do it around a crowd or downtown area but maybe out in the countryside. Should someone have to use their rifle and the bullet passes through a wall and kills an innocent person then he should be held accountable and be aware of that fact before it happens.

loudshirt

New Fanatic
Open Carry permit? I hope to God they don't try to require a permit to open carry. Doesn't anyone else see what they (state) is doing..slowly but surely

1st: open carry freely
2nd: concealed carry permit created but open carry is declared unlawful
3rd: open carry permit created
4th: ???

pretty sneaky huh?

So going from open carry to concealed with a permit to open with a permit hmmm I can see how regaining an ability is pretty sneaky.

Now for all the people that say open carry will solve the printing problem... I would like to see one person who has ever gotten a ticket or went to jail because they printed or because they accidentally exposed their holstered weapon.

I truly believe that open carry prevents crime. How many examples can you find from all the other states that allow open carry of people having their guns stolen because they were OCing?

45tostayalive

.22 Magnum
It seems to me we started with the second amendment to the Constitution and since then its just been watered down to fit the needs of the paranoid people in power. But yes I'd like to see this right restored to the people who should have never lost it. Any free man(or woman) should be able to choose his method of carry and if he decides a rifle is the most effective way to defend himself then so be it. Personally I don't think I'd ever do it around a crowd or downtown area but maybe out in the countryside. Should someone have to use their rifle and the bullet passes through a wall and kills an innocent person then he should be held accountable and be aware of that fact before it happens.
I am sorry but am I missing something here..

When did we start talking about carrying a rifle around with you... I am against that..... Right now that is...LOL

Yes your correct we did have a wonderful BOR that had a second admendment in it..But while our fathers were sleeping!!...

Pliskin

Active Fanatic
I am sorry but am I missing something here..

When did we start talking about carrying a rifle around with you... I am against that..... Right now that is...LOL

Yes your correct we did have a wonderful BOR that had a second admendment in it..But while our fathers were sleeping!!...

Somebody said something about carrying a rifle a few posts back. I realize that with todays environment it might be too much to ask but I do believe it should be available to a responsible free man(or woman) who feels it is necessary. I personally witnessed people carrying rifles around town in areas where it is now legal to do so and at first it was a bit of a shock, but I never felt unsafe and after the first few times I got used to it. Nobody else around seemed to care it was going on. But if we HAVE TO issue permits to OC a handgun and leave the rifles at home I'm all for it.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
anyone seen a the text of the proposal? I have not read it--but I hear it's closer to Consitutional carry than the add-on they tried to pass last year.

Dont let anyone fool ya, fellas... we pay a tax or user fee for a privilege today. If you open carry or not we need to support laws that close the gap between what we have and what the Founding Fathers intended.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
There are 3 bills introduced this year dealing with open carry. I just posted the info in the politics section.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1029-2011-introduced-bills-dealing-with-open-carry/page__pid__8017#entry8017

Barratt

Fanatic
I have a fever and the only cure is more open carry. !! No seriously we should have full unrestred gun rights and not have to worrie about if we are breaking the law while taking advantage of our God given rights. IMHO

Latest posts