Only in CommieFornia!

Raysracer

Fanatic
Yeah, doesn't make any sense does it.

In the counties making up the San Francisco Bay Area, there are very few issued CCW permits. People are not accustomed to it and so they only see it as an evil thing. Thus allowing for frivolous lawsuits.

They also don't see guns as a deterrent against crime. People like to quote "it will become the wild Wild West". You know, the Wild West was a polite society. Everybody had a gun. You wanted to be nice to each other. Go figure...

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, doesn't make any sense does it.

In the counties making up the San Francisco Bay Area, there are very few issued CCW permits. People are not accustomed to it and so they only see it as an evil thing. Thus allowing for frivolous lawsuits.

They also don't see guns as a deterrent against crime. People like to quote "it will become the wild Wild West". You know, the Wild West was a polite society. Everybody had a gun. You wanted to be nice to each other. Go figure...

Yes the but the incident in question took place in the home of the victim. Makes it even worse.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
So Is there a law here preventing being sued if cleared of criminal charges?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy

TITLE 21 § 1289.25. Physical or deadly force against intruder

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic

as Buck said, yes. If you aren't charged with a crime for killing/shooting an intruder then you can't be sued.

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
Remember that it was California, back in the 1980's IIRC, that a burglar fell through a skylight over a high school gymnasium, and sued the school district for millions and won his case that the school was negligient for not posting signs around the skylight, thus causing him to lose his means of livelyhood. In the mean time, his criminal case for burglary was tossed out.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Remember that it was California, back in the 1980's IIRC, that a burglar fell through a skylight over a high school gymnasium, and sued the school district for millions and won his case that the school was negligient for not posting signs around the skylight, thus causing him to lose his means of livelyhood. In the mean time, his criminal case for burglary was tossed out.
I have never understood how an attorney could lose that argument.
If you are with a criminal that commits a crime, you're guilty as an accessory to the crime even if you didn't do anything.
But the criminal(Who decided to commit the crime/crawl on the roof/skylight), is innocent and the school is guilty/negligent because they didn't warn him it was dangerous?

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Could that be Bodine v. Enterprise High School that we hear about in California Tort reform? http://overlawyered.com/2006/09/the-burglar-and-the-skylight-another-debunking-that-isnt/

ummm

Active Fanatic
Yah yah yah Kommiefornia bashing is like insulting a retarded kid -- he doesn't get you're insulting him because he's retarded...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
It's a shame too... 7/8 of the state is held hostage by the Freak show in LA and the Bay area. I hear the northern border counties are good about issuing pistol permits.

California is the 6 th largest country in the world if you look at some economic stats... it's a shame they are screwed up- they could be really big if they were free there.

I had to trade a "bullet button on my AR... it was shipped to Nevada "just in case" as my dealer sells a lot of guns "across the border" What a stupid idea... it takes no longer to drop a magazine (if you have a punch) than it does to reload a standard mag catch...

When I get to Tahoe... I just turn around LOL

Latest posts