Ole and grouchy...

Moose

New Fanatic
Is just me, I'm I the only one? On most gun sites today, someone ask for advice and gets hammered. The garage gunsmiths come out of the woodwork. The "you should have bought a ___, start pushing their brand. Then the ppl who never read the comments keep coming up with B.S. even after the OPer says the problem has been solved. I just keep my mouth shut most of the time, but sometimes is more than I can bare!

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
'Tis the nature of forums (& not just 'gun' forums). Vehicle forums are the same way (& probably any topic forum). Plenty of "experts" on all topics are always available. [emoji57]

My favorite responses are the ones that DON'T even attempt to answer the OP's actual question but instead, offer up some other solution to a question that wasn't even asked.

I usually just chuckle, ask myself what's that solution got to do with the question at hand, and then drive on through the remaining responses.

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
The garage gunsmiths come out of the woodwork. The "you should have bought a ___, start pushing their brand!
Bingo! Learned awhile, six years?, back to just scroll through and try and pull a glimmer of info from all the noise. The wives tales and misinformation available can be ridiculous. I won't name the forum/s but I have stopped visiting due to the pile on mentality that a brand or color can generate.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the interwebz. Which guns did you have a problem with? Perhaps you should have done more research before committing to your current <gun / wife / car / forum>.

We can help you if you read the explanations other have offered. We can explain it to you, but we cannot understand it for you.

IMHO HTH, YMMV, GLWS, LNIB, DLTDHUITA . . . . .

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Meh.......

Guns are like bewbs. They're all good, some are just better than others.

**Forgot to mention, some will always find flaws even in the most perfect set.

Last edited:

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Is just me, I'm I the only one? On most gun sites today, someone ask for advice and gets hammered. The garage gunsmiths come out of the woodwork. The "you should have bought a ___, start pushing their brand. Then the ppl who never read the comments keep coming up with B.S. even after the OPer says the problem has been solved. I just keep my mouth shut most of the time, but sometimes is more than I can bare!

A thick skin is required, and I've found its best not to cry until your hurt. We all seem to weed out the negativity, from the good advise. Just roll with it...

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
Lemme guess. There was a Kimber or a Para involved somehow. Ammiright? Don't sweat it. These fellas will shoot straight with you.

...and for the record, all guns need something sometimes. No bashing meant(if I was correct). Just such a long time old stale hatred that has me flummoxed at times. I needed a tweak on my priciest piece but it is now running great. Somebody here will help you and get you back to slingin lead in no time.

Latest posts