Old eyes...

Gator

New Fanatic
carried my Wilson Combat Professional SuperGrade for years now - my lifetime gun!
I'm in my mid 60's, eyesight not what it used to be. Falling apart on schedule I guess.
Wilson Combat has a proprietary cut on their front sight. Makes it difficult to upgrade.
came with a gold dot front. I need more than that now. Looking for recommendations for a good, bright set of sights that will fit.
So called gunsmiths in my area are a danger to my firearm.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome Gator!

Glad to have you with us! I think we will have some great recommendations and smiffs that would love to help!

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
You might want to try a fiber optic front sight Wilson sells them in the correct cut you need.
Welcome to the forum

Gator

New Fanatic
You might want to try a fiber optic front sight Wilson sells them in the correct cut you need.
Welcome to the forum

Thanks. I'm totally not capable of fitting a sight and they do need fitting. Wilson can't tell me how tall my front sight is even though they built it. One so called gunsmith measured it for me, told me it was .185 thousandths. They only come in 180, 190, etc. he refused to let me use his calipers to measure it. The only other available smith held my new fiber optic front, dropped it in a box of junk then on the floor. Same with my old one. He refused to fit the new front sight. He decided he would reassemble my 1911, dropping the slide on the floor, then looking me in the eye with a straight face and saying, "That will be $25.00. Guess I'll just owe him for awhile... :)

Latest posts