Oklahoma Shooters is down again

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
Every time OSA goes down, a lot of us end up here where we should have been looking in the first place. So if you go there and see that the site is down, just log in here post the day and time and carry on.
1/25/11 10:42 OSA is down again!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Maybe it's intentional, to get rid of some of the Riffraff.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, this isn't a bash, this is to me part of the issue. The thread about donating is a perfect example of why it's getting so lame. I won't name names, if you saw it you saw it. One person posts how sponsors can't donate for their business, and it gets deleted. A response is given that if you don't follow the opinion of the right person, your post will be deleted.

I(me, myself, not an entity of anyone else) post that I would consider donating if it were not such a select group of people that can get away with stuff. As it is, if that site goes down, I spend time here and snipershide. Both of these sites function fine with people making adult jokes from time to time so why can't the same thing happen there too?

IIRC, you've got to be 18 to own a gun legally. If you're on a gun site, you're of legal adult age, and you interact with adults day in and day out. You should know by now that all adults aren't the same, some act different all the time, and that we're not all goody-two shoes.

My post got deleted since it didn't follow the "I'm giving you money" topic and questioned why I should give you money. Until my post got deleted, I had actually planned on donating when I could afford to. That money's definitely going here instead of there now.

If you've got to be so heavy handed that you can't talk about your opinion of something, even when it's in context, well stated, and with no foul language, then you might as well go ahead and start putting black bars over words with "censored" written on them. I don't blame it on all the mods, in fact I honestly believe there's only one that is "my way or no way". I'm just sorry it has to be "no way" so much.

Chambers

actual GM
Nice post.

A great number of us have been temporarily banned and otherwise for things like what happened to you today. I still like that place, though it's increasingly less relevant to me. :) I wouldn't be surprised if the 500 members on BoomerShooter put more rounds down range in a given period of time than all of the OSA'ers who aren't members here.

OSA is a bit of a misnomer since it's a forum that doesn't seem to offer a whole lot about actually shooting.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
Well Chambers, I won't lie. I don't put a lot of rounds downrange yet. In fact I hardly put any down at all, but I want to. Wanting to makes me want to know more. As soon as I pick up a job, I'm going to get off my azz and get a USSA or Redcastle membership. USSA is only about 5 minutes away from me, so I'd really have no good excuse not to, other than I'm range shy because I don't shoot a lot.

Lately I've been spending more time on the reloading and hunting/fishing forum there than anything. I still waste too much time in GD, but it's usually when I'm flipping back and forth taking a break reading reloading stuff or stuff on snipershide.

I can honestly say I wouldn't feel like I was losing much if I wound up banned, other than that there is a much wider market over there that I have used a good bit.

Chambers

actual GM
I was in the same boat 6 months ago, so I don't have much room to talk! I started competing and have been shooting at least a couple K a month since then. Come out to a USPSA, IDPA or rifle match at USSA sometime and see what all the buzz is about! In fact there's a rifle match this Saturday.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was in the same boat 6 months ago, so I don't have much room to talk! I started competing and have been shooting at least a couple K a month since then. Come out to a USPSA, IDPA or rifle match at USSA sometime and see what all the buzz is about! In fact there's a rifle match this Saturday.

+1....

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic

I wish I could shoot 1k+ a month. I used to shoot a few hundred a month, when I was single and working a lot; but buying a "fixer upper" house puts a crimp on that. :(

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Is it the "fixer upper" that put a crimp on it - or the "when I was single" that put a crimp on it LOL

Uh... is my wife a member here yet??? :unsure:

It's the house. She shoots too; actually she's been shooting longer than I have, and it was her dad that got me into reloading. The being single part only played a factor 'cuz I worked long hours, and don't want to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts