Oklahoma is one step closer to Gun Registration

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I hear a lot of talk about how we will not stand for gun registration and how gun registration is just the first step to gun confiscation. What do you think is the step before gun registration? A permit to carry a gun!

In November everyone was all excited about how we can now open carry. Then, one little detail was realized. You have to have a permit!

If you think the government won't take the littlest of steps to remove our rights, think again. It has already happened in Oklahoma and we thanked them for it!

BE ON ALERT. NO COMPROMISE

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
My permit is from out-of-state, beeyotches.

They can't trace me. No other state is going to answer the phone if Oklahoma calls to ask about it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Think about it folks: If BHO would have even suggested a permit to carry a gun, we would have been screaming about our 2nd Amendment rights, treason, blah blah blah

But Gov. Mary signs the exact same thing and everyone goes on and on about how this is the greatest victory since the signing of the Constitution.

Wake up people, don't let this kind of **** happen again!

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Think about it folks: If BHO would have even suggested a permit to carry a gun, we would have been screaming about our 2nd Amendment rights, treason, blah blah blah

But Gov. Mary signs the exact same thing and everyone goes on and on about how this is the greatest victory since the signing of the Constitution.

Wake up people, don't let this kind of **** happen again!
So, are you saying it's best not to get a CCL and not carry at all? That way you are not regestered as a gun owner?

I don't have a CCL, however, I was thinking about getting it. And no, I don't carry and probably wouldn't most of the time anyway.

dennishoddy

StealthESW said:
So, are you saying it's best not to get a CCL and not carry at all? That way you are not regestered as a gun owner?

I don't have a CCL, however, I was thinking about getting it. And no, I don't carry and probably wouldn't most of the time anyway.
Personally I believe in constitutional carry.

I don't believe he meant that. He is saying there is a difference in politics, and what party one belongs to. Republicans say gotta have a license, OK.
Dems say gotta have a license, we need to impeach somebody.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
If that's the case they also have a record of every 4473 you have filled out too. So everyone is screwed anyway.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
StealthESW said:
So, are you saying it's best not to get a CCL and not carry at all? .
Not at all. I have one and always will.

I am saying it pisses me off when we get our rights taken aways and everyone thinks its a "great deal"

.i.e. gun carry license

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Jake Burki said:
If that's the case they also have a record of every 4473 you have filled out too. So everyone is screwed anyway.
I thought 4473 forms were stored by the FFLs. Isn't all the information at the other end destroyed after 90 days by law?

Chambers

actual GM
Mitch Gibson said:
I thought 4473 forms were stored by the FFLs. Isn't all the information at the other end destroyed after 90 days by law?
It isn`t destroyed, but is kept by the ffl, and the ATF can get it whenever.

dennishoddy

I don't know the regulation, but When my guns were stolen in a home burglerly, I had one pistol that I couldn't find the SN in my records.
I'm still friends with the FFL that had a small gun shop, but quit, and let his FFL lapse, so I called him to see if he could go through his 4473's, and get the guns SN.
He said after 5 years of them sitting in his closet he sent them to the recycle bin.
Is there a reg on how long those 4473's must be kept by the FFL? I bought several guns through him, so I guess all of them are now off the grid?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
dennishoddy said:
I don't know the regulation, but When my guns were stolen in a home burglerly, I had one pistol that I couldn't find the SN in my records.
I'm still friends with the FFL that had a small gun shop, but quit, and let his FFL lapse, so I called him to see if he could go through his 4473's, and get the guns SN.
He said after 5 years of them sitting in his closet he sent them to the recycle bin.
Is there a reg on how long those 4473's must be kept by the FFL? I bought several guns through him, so I guess all of them are now off the grid?
when an FFL goes out of business, the 4473's are supposed to go to the BATFE

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
The ATF is, by law, supposed to destroy identifying information after 24 hours of doing a NICS background check. FFLs are supposed to keep 4473s on file for 20 years and then they can destroy them.

Latest posts