okla open carry

motoxman316

Active Fanatic

dennishoddy

At our recent Ponca City Gun Club meeting we had a presentation from the Second Ammendment organization in Okla that is trying to set up chapters in different city's so that people who believe in the 2nd ammendment can support them in their quest to get open carry in Ok.
Our club bought in on their presentation, and donated some $ to their organization, and when they open up a chapter in Ponca, and STILLWATER, I hope you will join along with me.

Interesting note: They were almost totally ignorant of using social media, and internet gun forums to get their message out. The Ponca club members gave them several gun forums web address after the meeting, and BoomerShooter was one of them.
I'm going to follow up with an email to them making sure they have our web address.

dennishoddy

I will.
My main problem with the last push for open carry was the ORA (Okla Rifle Association) I'm a member, and they have done some great work in the general gun area, and with hunting.

But, when the open carry came along, they opposed it, proposing required training, and $ for a license to carry open.

My main objection is that I've read, and studied the 2nd Ammendment.

No where in that Ammendment does it say that I have to have a license to carry open, nor does it say I have to have training.

One of the leaders of the ORA runs a training facility, and that brings up a big red flag with me.

I fervently believe in training, but the 2nd Ammendment of the Constitution of the United States, does not require it.

BTW: Ken Luttrel was our Ok Rep in the state legislature at the time. He had a A+ rating from the NRA. He was a Democrat, and had a generally good voting record.

Because of his first approval of the bill, and his subsequent no vote on the second round, he was soundly voted out of office, and replaced by a true gun advocate.

Voting works!

A little research gave me this web site. It says they currently have a chapter in Stillwater, and meet at Mexico Joes. Here is a link:

http://ok2a.org/

Tell them BoomerShooter sent you!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I think we need a new thread for this OK2A organization. Sounds like something we all need to support.

ok2adir

New Fanatic
I am the Director and founder of OK2A. As we have grown rapidly over the last year or two, we have tried to develop every avenue to get our message out to people. Unfortunately, it takes time to get people lined up to take some of the tasks. We've known for a while we needed to get someone on these forums and we do have someone coming on line with the organization whose job will specifically be to monitor the forums and to get our message out to people on them. We look forward to becoming an active participant of this on-line community and know that we will work well together as we endeavor to strengthen every Oklahoman's ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Just so you know, our website is new. We switched over to the new site just a couple of weeks ago and we are working to get it up to 100% by the first of the year. We will have more information about our bills for the 2012 legislative session coming on line shortly, among other things. Additionally, we do encourage everyone to join us at one of our monthly meetings. You can find that schedule on our website. If anyone ever has a question about legislation or about OK2A, please don't hesitate to contact us. www.ok2a.org.

Repete34

USSA
I would like to offer USSA classrooms as a place to hold OK2A meetings here in Tulsa. Contact me if this is suitable for meetings or with any questions.

ok2adir

New Fanatic
I would like to offer USSA classrooms as a place to hold OK2A meetings here in Tulsa. Contact me if this is suitable for meetings or with any questions.

Thanks for that offer. I will be in touch sometime after the 1st. In fact, I'll probably drop in. I have to go to Tulsa sometime during the first week of January. Thanks again.